Chapter 20

***DUFF***

Her expression was blank, all until a little tear rolled out her eyes...shit.

"unless you have something" she sniffled and put on a smile as she quickly wiped her tears away

"nothing for sleep no...um...what are you listening to?" I motioned to her walkman. I wonder where mine went? I bet Steven took it.

"oh, Johnny thunders", Holy shit I love her, wait what hold up...you know what I meant.

"I love Johnny Thunders" I smiled, she smiled.

"hey can I just get one more sip..." she slurred and whined, I cocked my head, I mean should I?

"oh come on Duffy" she smiled, my heart melted, but it also ached.

"what are you drinking so much for other than knocking yourself out anyway?" I chuckled, I mean she's drunk, distracting her shouldn't be too hard.

"it's just for now..." she slurred

"I need a distraction from Nikki" she sighed, she's lovesick, damn Nikki what are you doing to this girl? I quickly took the bottle and took a gulp, she didn't notice.

"fuck Nikki man" I said as I wiped my mouth.

"like that's so easy" she scoffed

"you need a hug" I muttered to myself, fuck it... I want to love her.

she snorted "fighting love with more love" her eyes fluttered open as she leaned in closer to me, stabilizing herself with her hand on the bed. Her lips were still shimmery and naturally shiny with a gloss or glaze. The snoring or any noises went away...her eyes showed sadness but also love. I felt like my head was spinning and my eyes were seeing shit they would never see, but look at this poor girl. I could only hope, wish and dream that the light in her eyes was sparking for me, but I know it truly wasn't. When the sun comes out and the sober Darcie wakes up she hid every bit of hate and sadness that was with her before, she leaves it to fester in her until the night time, Jesus fuck just look at her...who hurts her? does anyone ever harm a goddess, or a princess, or someone so innocent? or so strong? it could just be the whiskey talking but I cannot fuck her over like Nikki did...wait what am I saying, dude you aren't even with her! Somebody needs to kiss those damn lips and Nikki ain't here to fucking do it.

I slowly rose a hand up and stroked her soft cheek, I leaned his closer and kissed her. I couldn't really think much in that moment, but I wasn't able to think once it was over either, I didn't want it to end, but I had to end it, why am I acting like such a five year old about this?

We looked at each other, there wasn't any context but with a look and flicker of the eyes. There was silent agreement maybe even a thanks, I gave her a look. She was safe I was going to make sure of that...I tucked her into the bed. This is the most weirdest night ever...something feels so off is the best way.

"Duff" I heard a little voice almost whimper in a whisper as I sat up.

"hm?" I looked back

"can...you..." she struggled to finish the rest, she shivered. Even if I can resist...do I really want to?

I climbed onto the bed next to her, I heard a sigh come out her lips as I put my arms around her fragile body I felt a little droplet of water on my arm, and there goes the tear, I don't cry much but something about girls crying really break me, especially her...she placed her head on my chest. I couldn't help but just smile at Darcell's innocent self and small figure in my arms, what was even hotter was how strong she really was. I was startled by a light knock coming from the entrance of this room, Izzy groaning why running his hand through his hair.

"dude" he groaned

"the hell are you doing up man" I heard slash's voice in the back as he walked next to Izzy, his head turning to me.

"what are you doing up?" he questioned me, Izzy walked toward the bed and sat on the edge as Slash came into the room, nothing but Darcie on my chest.

"oh shit!" he smiled, as Izzy turned around see us.

"damn...Duff..tell me how was she?" Slash smirked

"no dude I didn't fuck her, why do you always think I fucked her?" I said

"oh come on dude" Izzy winced laying down on the edge of the bed, "well your kind of a man whore" Slash added.

"look who's talking" I mutter

"what's the hold up Duff?" Slash said, are these dudes serious.

"don't give us that look Duff, you fuck girls all the time" Izzy added

"she's not a groupie" I mutter and roll my eyes.

"well no shit she ain't a groupie" Slash said

"he likes her" Izzy smiled and teased

"what? I mean yeah but-"

"see" Izzy said pointing to me, Slash laughing. I rolled my eyes as Darcie rolled around a bit, I rubbed her shoulder a bit.

"Duff just ask her out" I heard as I looked up as Slash shrugged, I rolled my eyes.

"why are you guys even awake?" I scoffed as I changed the subject.

"Axl's snoring" they both said in unison looking at each other.

"how did uh...this happen" Slash coughed waving his finger at both of us.

"I woke up to get a drink...and there she was strutting around in her little night gown listening to...get this...Johnny Thunders" I said stunned

"damn Duff she's your girl" Izzy smiled

"I wish" I scoffed "she was drinking her ass off dude...she said she keeps thinking about Nikki"

"listen Nikki's pretty cool but the dudes gotta chill" he said as I felt rustling in my arm, Darcie rose up with messy bed head that didn't even look messy. She turned and moved her head to see the two boys sitting on the edge of the bed. Her eyebrows raised, she giggled, as Slash's smirk was slightly hidden by his hair, and Izzy smiling wide and bright, as he raised his eyebrows up and down at me I rolled my eyes.

"was there a plan for a foursome or something I wasn't aware about" she smiled.

"I mean no but that could be arranged" Slash smirked as he quickly took his shirt off, Slash's one of my best friends but man is he a slut.

she leaned back onto my chest, I looped my arm around her, which earned an extra smirk from both Izzy and Slash, which I would have usually rolled my eyes at but it felt good, showing her off her, or showing off that she was mine...but she wasn't...which crushed the fantasy instantly.

"when are we going to be stopping at a rest stop" she asked

"soon. why?"

"I should call Tommy, see when he wants me back" she sighed ""just tell Tom you'll be with us" Slash snorted

"I'm sure he would let me but I can't just put Nikki on hold, even though I doubt he would care...I still need to fix shit with him" she sighed as I saw the sadness and disappointment in her eyes, I rubbed her back, she looked up at me and smiled.

"Darcell can I say something?" Izzy asked shooting me quick glare that made me confused a bit.

"now I know you. and well maybe you and Nikki need a break maybe you and-" he was cut off by well...me, I through a pillow at him knowing he was gonna mention my name.

Maybe Slash is right I should ask her out...but also no, he isn't. It's fine being friends with her is already enough, that kiss will linger in my mind, but I can't make it a false hope....