Chapter 57

***DARCIE***

shit. I can't feel my legs, I felt a light tap on my shoulder, my hair being lifted from my shoulder. My shoulder felt cold, until I felt a warm hand on it and smiled, the soothing but very shaggy voice. "wake up Darce", I move and groan as I feel the hand on my forehead, swiping a thumb on my temple. "come on baby we gotta pack up and go", "Duffles" I mutter rubbing my face on the pillow. "I'm right here Darcell" he voice was glided. "hm" I hummed into the pillow, I felt him sit on the bed beside me, "come on" I heard as he gently lifted my head onto his lap, I opened my eyes. He smiled.

"do we have to?" I said "why? you don't wanna go?" he said in almost a whimper, aw no. I sat up, and cupped his face in my hands, seeing his worried, confused face."no baby no, I'm just nervous...about"..."Nikki" he finished. I don't know what it was about Nikki I was scared of, the confrontation, his temper I was afraid of, I can imagine him yelling in my face...made me shutter a bit, I knew motley was gonna be there, Tommy and Nikki at the least. "hey" I heard him say, my eyes traveled to him, my body eased. "it's alright" he smiled, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. "you always" he said, "you always" I smiled giving him a kiss.

I got into some clothes and packed a bag, I'm still nervous, I'm gonna have to encounter them either way. I could fix my hair but were gonna be on the bus there's no point...no, no I'll brush my hair, do my makeup? is that even a question you look horrid, I open the blush compacts, "Darce you don't need to do your makeup" I heard Duff say leaning on the doorway, is he crazy? "are you kidding, I need to look pwetty" I smile looking into the mirror padding some powder on my face, as I see Duff snaking his arms behind me, his head on my shoulder as he gently brings down my arm holding the compact, he kisses my cheek. "this shit does not make you look anymore beautiful then you already are Darcellyn" he said...god do I believe him? can I?

"BUS IS HERE LOVE BIRDS TIME WAKE UP" we heard Slash shout outside, "come on" I said

--

Bus smelled of alcohol and leather, powder on almost every counter or hard surface. It was still early and a bit dark out. Man I must look like shit right now, like actual dog shit...the boys came in after putting their stuff away under the bus, I still taste the toothpaste on my tongue, yuck. I was hoping to sneak in a drink or two. I'm tired, for the first time in forever, I feel calm and able to sleep without thinking I'm gonna have a heart attack or something. I feel the shuffling shoes pass by, glasses clinking and a few tired sighs. Duff's shadow I see sit beside me, I rub my eyes and smile. I can fall over and over again...I feel his hand lightly push my head down on his shoulder, I smile as I hug his arm and sigh. He kisses my forehead, "see you in the morning baby", too tired to respond I cling on tight and smile at his presence, my eyes closed, images and different angles of Duff, his fluffy hair, his cute crooked smile, swirly captivating brown eyes, his large hands holding up my small face with his thumbs, god I can look into those eyes forever....