Chapter 43

***DUFF***

I don't really know how to dress for these things...that goes for Slash too, I mean ...shit Dar's gonna see me like this I look horrid. Steven and Izzy were in nice white shirts and black blazers, how the fuck did they look so suave and...normal? Axl didn't even bother to put a shirt under his blazer, and Slash and I didn't even try for occasion but it looked pretty badass though, he had the same barely buttoned loose button up different color of course but we wore our gothic thin leather blazers, I mean I didn't really have anything else...I had a white one but that would be weird.

Where was she anyway? I looked over at a big waft of smoke on the other side of the venue where the gazebo was. I looked over at Slash.

"the hell are you waiting for blondie go" he laughed as he pushed me, I chuckled as the noise from the party behind me faded, it was dark...Tommy and Heather really did book a nice place here near the ocean...thank god the sun set already, that would have been extremely cliche. As I walked closer to her, she didn't look the happiest...I mean she looked pretty upset for someone who was at their brother and friends wedding almost like when I first met her. Is it just me or are the waves louder when you can't see them at night so clearly? She stuck out in the dark though...she had light pink blush dress...how is she not freezing her fuckin ass off. She had a matching pair of opened toe pumps, and diamond earrings I was able to spot from a mile away...I always think about how I see her from a distance, seeing her is pretty, but things get more beautiful once you start talking to her, you don't find a lot of chicks that you can just simply talk to like that. As I walked into the gazebo and leaned my arms on the bar next to hers, as she tapped her cigarette. The waves crashed even harder...her hair blew.

"how do you always know where to find me when I'm trying to hide" she said, bring the cigarette to her cherry stained lips and exhaling.

"you have a big cloud of wind and smoke following you wherever you go" I said

"I wanna stop smoking" she looked down at her cigarette between her finger "but its seems to be the only warmth I'm really getting" she said sadly her voice more monotone then usual when trying to hide her emotions...I mean I have 8 siblings...I'd be holding in whatever pent up frustrations in me at their weddings too. I slid closer to her and put my arm around her, she leaned her small head on my shoulder, my hands rubbed her bare shoulder...she felt warm "are you cold" I asked, she shook her head...how the hell I'm practically shivering. I knew she wasn't mine though it feels like years I've been pining but it was really just barely one. No one was giving her any love...least I can do is try...I want to love her...I love her.

"plus you're pretty hard to miss" I said, she laughed and smiled bright.

"shut up" she teased

the waves crashed again..."Tommy didn't see me right?"

"no he's with Heather...you okay?" I asked, she sighed, as her head leaned into my shoulder more.

"I can't stop loving him" she said

"what do you mean?" I asked

"have you ever been in love?" she asked

"yes" I answered quickly

"whether your with that person or not...you'll never stop loving them...it just means that you found someone you love more"

"then is it really love?" I asked

"of course...love is love" she said

"Dar?"

"yeah?"

"how do you know you love someone like that? like so easily"

"it's not as simple as two people that are just hot for each other...well it could start like that but still...it's different. it's hard to explain...I can barely wrap my head around it myself" she laughed her eyes drifting and fluttered up to the sky.

"what are you lookin at" I took a quick glance at the dark blank night sky.

"the stars" she said like I was crazy, was I not looking hard enough, I don't usually notice shit like that.

"they make me happy, I remember when I used to wake Tommy up from my nightmares and I'd make him stare at the stars with me...just so I can fall asleep" I looked down as she smiled at her memory, which made me smile even more, I looked up again and saw the stars shine bright, wow...is this girl pure magic or what?

"I never noticed the stars like that" I said "they make you happy huh?"

"mhm" she nodded

"I wish I could reach up and grab one for you" I muttered, she looked up at me and smiled, I looked down to meet that smile, deeply infatuated with whatever it is we were...she had to have felt it too or I would be going crazy about this obvious chemistry I felt with her...it's not that crazy is it? is it? On the outside I was hoping I looked okay cause on the inside I was a whirlwind of fucking emotions and thoughts and images...dreams...fuckin everything. It felt like high school all over again but escalated, the pit in my stomach and the feelings I felt were so much different and it felt like the biggest wave ever. If she doesn't or didn't feel the same well then fuck my life, but what if she does? and I just like know or never find...but how can she feel the same...if she's with Nikki? wow Duff your real dumb.

"what else makes you happy Darcellyn?" I smiled

"movies" she smiled

"then I'll take you to a movie" I said, I just want her to be happy, if I can't have her the most I can do is make her feel happy, as much as I wished it was a date but it wasn't I simply wanted to take her mind away from it all.

"really?"

"yeah!" I smiled "just pick which one"

"Dirty Dancing" she smiled

"great! you like Swayze?" I asked

"yeah, he's hot" she laughed "not all the attractive guys are the ones that have there hair teased up super high" she teased as we walked off the gazebo she swung her purse around.

"what's you favorite movie anyway?" I asked as we walked back to the noise and chatter

"I liked grease but I would say west side story" she laughed, "oh I actually know that one! both of them!" I said as we both laughed

"did you know 'Valley Girl' was one of my first on screen productions?" she smiled shockinlgy, the now what I saw very clearly stars shining under us.

"really?"

"yeah I was just an extra at the time but it was really fun" she smiled

"so are we gonna talk about your hots for Patrick Swayze or what?" I chuckled

"shut up" she pushed me a bit and we laughed

"have you met him?" I asked she rolled her eyes and turned red.

"once but I looked terrible" she said cupping her hands on her face.

"doubt it" I muttered

"two Hollywood heart throbs, Patrick Swayze, and Darcell Lee...I'm surprised they didn't call you to be in the movie" I said

"oh please I can't dance for shit, even if they asked me to do it I would be flailing around like a dead fish..you can ask Molly Ringwald" she laughed

"so 7:30 at The Crest 'Dirty Dancing' opening night... two hours of me seeing you get hot and bothered of Patrick Swayze?" I smiled

she laughed and bit her lip "sure" she smiled.