Chapter 42

A month later... Tommy's wedding.

***DARCIE****

I got Nikki all dressed up which took a while and a blow out.

"Nikki can you just get up off your ass and get dressed, I don't wanna be late" I whined

"no fuck off" was all I got from him

"Nikki! fuck you, you're the best man why are you being like this?", I shook him " don't fucking do this Nikki not today, it's Tommy's day, stop being so damn selfish"

"chill out" he said with a smirk of his face, his hair was a mess, I rolled my eyes.

"whatever just get dressed, I need to go over to the venue and help Heather in an hour" I snarled. Life with Nikki was becoming stressful, it wasn't as simple as 'we aren't in the honeymoon stage anymore', not that we even had a honeymoon yet... no we were past that we were in a realm that no one should ever be in. Nikki constantly on smack yes clearly, put us in a stage where we were sick of it, I didn't want to call off the wedding, it's not like I don't love Nikki...I'll always love Nikki, people don't just fall out of love...shit was different, and though it's a bit selfish, he seemed to fall head over heels for something else I think both of us are...communication was in the dumpster at this point...fuck why does he feel the need to do it so much...his childhood? stress? me?

I wasn't about to pull some shit on Tommy's big day, Heather is one of my good friends and Tommy's my fucking brother, I had to make sure that Nikki wasn't going to ruin shit either.

--

...after I helped Heather lace up her dress, she wanted some touch ups on her makeup so I let the artist take over as I headed back over to the guys, as I opened the door I heard a very distressed Tommy fixing his collar in the mirror and a practically dead Nikki on the couch.

"I'm not doing this today Sixx" he said

"what's goin on?" I asked as I quickly shut the door.

"hey Dar, you look great" he tried to hide his frustration but Tommy couldn't hide much from me.

"what is it Thomas?" I said sternly, as he nodded his head over to Nikki, again my Nikki or ' Nikki' partially dead on the couch and dozing in and out. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed but most importantly Tommy and Heather would be taking the worse of it.

"Nik...get up" I groaned, not even a groan back nothing, I sighed and looked at Tommy struggling with his shit, I cocked a brow and faced him towards me and fixed his collar.

"I'm sorry about Nikki..." I said

"you'll know how he gets if I tell him to stop or take it away" I quietly said, but Nikki is too fucked up right now to even hear shit.

"he's not hitting you is he?" Tom asked as I flattened the collar a bit I saw him almost scowling towards Nikki.

"he's your best friend Tom, don't lose faith." I tried to smile

"yeah he's my best friend, but he's your fiancé, and your my sister" he said

"I know Tom, I know" I smiled, my hand on his shoulder, I didn't want Tommy to flip.

"and he's shooting up at my wedding, high as fuckin balls...and he's my best man" he said angrily but it turned to a whimper, I pulled him into a hug and smiled, I've never wanted to slap Nikki, I never would but still.

... The Ceremony was a blur, I couldn't even look at Nikki up there, I just focused on Tommy and Heather. It was so clear that he was on...something. Anger, fury, and the feeling of just sadness and disappointment filled my body, I needed some fucking booze. I wanted nothing more then to confront Nikki, but he's way too fucked up right now to even listen, I was scared that he was gonna OD almost every day now, his attitude towards me and everyone around him made me mad, nothing that ever came out his mouth since his proposal was kind or about anyone else. everything was either about him...or the girl with golden eyes. I knew for a fact that a part of Tommy was seething with anger, Tommy was going to remember this whether him and Heather last or not, or whether Motley Crue lasts or not...Tommy was going to remember that his best friend who was also engaged to his sister at the time humiliated him, Nikki was and is still Tommy's best friend. They were a duo, the terror twins...a month ago when I was in the hospital I realized that I fell for someone else and didn't even know I was falling which is fucking scary...I don't want to think about it...everything is so fucked up right now. Just shut up, be happy for Tommy and Heather. Deal with everything later...just smile, smoke, and everything will be fine.