Chapter 68

December 23rd 1997

***DARCIE***

I woke up, today was supposed to be the wedding...damn this blows. I look over at Duff, sleeping soundly, his face makes me smile, his breaths give me breath. Duff is the only reason I called off this wedding cause it was true. I fell in love with Duff, wildly. It wasn't his fault, nor was it Nikki...or me...right?

the phone rang.

"hello?"

I heard a low chuckle through the phone, a deep mysterious sounding voice, one I knew, but a version of a voice I hated.

"hey princess" he snarled, he was high. Broke my heart.

"Nikki what are you doing to yourself" I mutter, quietly.

"you know what day today is..."he slurred, I pinch my skin hoping it would stretch and I would be in a dream. Nope.Fuck. It was the day our wedding would have been.....

"Yes Nikki" I sigh

"I still can't believe you fucking left me..."he said in a chuckle, I look down at my feet. Shit here comes a guilt wave.

"why Darcellyn..."he said in a whimper. fuck shit."I love you Dar, you know that...why are you doing this to me" Am I sure this isn't a dream?it feels like it. it sounds like it.

"it feels like shit yknow...you left me in this dark ass Van Nuys mansion all alone...I see shit..."

"nik...maybe you need to see someone....like I don't know-"

"you! I need to you Darcellyn...and I know you said your heart belonged to someone else but-" his voice went up and down, high and low, slur and clear, what was this guy doing? god help. Poor Nikki.

what was it with these rockstars?

These men, these strong, energetic, playful...boys. Angels.

what kind of life had these pitiful creatures of darkness known?

"look Sixx, I'm sor-"

"no Darcellyn" his tone changed, I blinked "don't feel pity for me now...cause you didn't feel that shit when you left your fucking ring next to my rigs...you'll fucking regret leaving me Darcellyn Lee" he panted

"Nik you need to-"

dead line...

what the fuck? paranoia searches for things to latch onto. I shake my head and try to shake it off, I clear my throat and lay back down for cigarette and look at Duff, and play with the little strands of blonde hair on his face, I smile and kiss his temple.

***DUFF***

Today was tough on Darcellyn's heart...which was strong, though she was able to sleep her dreams had been popping up out of nowhere, she refused to tell me what is was about, which made me even more nervous. It was supposed to be their wedding today, We were sitting in front of the tv. Which she told me...

"I don't still love him-", I looked at her "Dar-"I know she doesn't mean it, Darcellyn could never not love, she can't stop loving, "you don't need to say that" I rub her hand.

"I don't love him, he's not you" she brushed off, "he may not be me but you love him, don't close yourself off...you out of all people should know...love never dies" I smile

"I don't love him Micheal" she snapped, god that was bratty, and hot, not the point., what was up with her? Scared to love? scared of love?

"I'm sorry, a part of me still can't believe what happened" she scoffed, I pulled her into my arms and kissed her. "I can't imagine, my love life besides you wasn't even that interesting"