3 - The Boggart

You awoke to the sound of Katie's voice as she paced back and forth. "What is wrong with you?"

"I can't find my bloody Quidditch robes!"

"Practice isn't till this evening."

"I don't care, I need to find them!"

"What is she moaning about this time?" Alica came out of the bathroom and questioned.

"She's lost her Quidditch robes."

"Oh."

"It's not funny you two!" Katie snapped.

"No one laughed." You responded smiling as you got up and made your way to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Leaving the girls to scream around in the girls quarters, you headed down to the great hall for breakfast and that's when you were met with the familiar faces of the twins and Lee.

"Morning you horrible lot." You smiled at the boys as you started to pile food onto your plate.

"Morning." George longed out as he drank his pumpkin juice.

"What's our first lesson?" Lee questioned.

"Defence against the dark arts." Fred chimed in.

"I can't believe we take our O.W.L.S this year."

"Oh (y/n) don't remind me!" Fred groaned as he ate.

"Come on Freddie it's not that bad all you have to do is revise and go through the books. We could all study together!" All three of the boys groaned at your words. "Charming." You responded as you finished your food and gathered your books for your Defence against the dark arts class with the boys trailing close behind you.

---

You had all entered Lupins class to see a large wardrobe that contained something that seemed desperate to escape. "Now I presume you never got to study this?" He questioned causing you all to nod. He was right the defence against the dark arts teachers never stayed around for long let alone taught you much.

"Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" He questioned.

"It's a boggart." Angelina answered.

"Very good, Miss Johnson. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?"

"No one knows, it takes the shape of what you fear the most." You answered.

"Very good (y/n)." He smiled at you as he continued. "Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands, please... Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" We all said in unison.

"Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is... laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Angelina, come up here, will you?"

Angelina stepped closer to Lupin as he explained what was going to happen.

"Bet it's something pathetic like a snake." Adrian Pucey joked with his friends behind you. You and Angelina weren't the best of friends but you weren't exactly going to let her get bullied by someone as pathetic as Adrian.

"Shut it Adrian." You turned around and snapped at the boy.

"What are you gonna do (y/n) huh? Run off to mummy? You teacher's pet." He stepped forward and grabbed your wrist pulling you closer to him. "Hmm maybe instead of you being the teacher's pet you can be mine." He looked down at you with an evil grin on his face. You tried to free yourself from his grasp but he was too strong that to even try and pry him off would be pointless.