53 - The Knight bus home

You awoke the next morning, laying on Fred's chest with your arms around his neck. Fred had his arms wrapped around your waist, he was still asleep when you awoke. Looking up he looked so peaceful and calm, it was hard to believe how bold he was last night compared to what he looked like now. Smiling at the red-head, you placed a kiss on one of the marks you'd left on his collarbone and quietly slipped out of bed. Picking up the clothes that were now on the floor you quickly slipped in them and walked down the stairs, towards the kitchen.

Remus was the only one in the kitchen when you walked in. He smiled at you and offered you a hot chocolate which you happily accepted. "How's my favourite niece this morning?" Lupin asked softly. 

You returned his smile when he spoke those words. "I'm fine." Sitting down you started to drink. "How's my favourite uncle?" 

He laughed slightly at your comment. "If only your uncle James were around to hear you say that." His smile grew. "But yes, I'm all okay ... so ..." He longed out the last word. 

"So?" You questioned. 

"Did you have a nice evening?" He raised his brows at you. 

"I mean ... yeah ... you were with me in the hospital to see Arthur -" 

"I'm not talking about that." He smirked. "I'm talking about the night you spent with Fred Weasley." 

"PLEASE DON'T TELL DAD!" 

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." He smiled. "I put a charm on the door which blocked out the sound. I was walking to my room when I heard a sound, I thought it could have been Kreacher or Harry perhaps having another vision and well ... I didn't expect to hear what I heard. You're lucky it wasn't your Dad or Molly." He took a sip of his drink. "They would have walked in on the pair of you." 

You groaned and placed your head on your kitchen table, feeling the heat rise to your cheeks which only caused your uncle to laugh harder. "I'm not going to lecture you but ..." Lupin spoke again causing you to lift your head off the table to look at him. "Sirius won't want any grandchildren anytime soon -" 

"Good thing he's not getting them anytime soon then ..." You sat up, staring at your uncle. "Thank you." 

"For what exactly?" 

"The charm, and not telling Dad." His smile returned again. 

"You're welcome." At that exact moment Sirius walked into the kitchen. 

"Morning you two." He beamed a bright smile towards you both. He walked over to you and bent down to place a kiss on the top of your head but he didn't stand back up straight away. 

"Everything okay Dad?" You asked, knowing he wasn't moving. 

"What's that?" He pointed to the top of your shoulder. 

Due to his height Fred's jumper that you wore often hung off your shoulder slightly which never really seemed like a problem ... until now. Whilst putting on your clothes you didn't realise that Fred had left a mark on the top of your shoulder which was visible even with the jumper on. 

"What's what?" You asked confused. 

"That!" He pointed to your shoulder. You moved your head slightly to see what he was talking about. The moment your eyes landed on the mark you froze. Sirius was definitely going to know where you'd got that and what it was. 

"Oh ... that?" You tried to come up with an excuse. "I got hurt during Quidditch practice ... you know we're training our new beaters no -" 

"There is no way you got that from Quidditch! (y/n) Black Gryffindor tell me where you got that from!" He moved back to stare at you as he spoke in a strict tone.