65 - The Necklace

You and Fred were seated with the Golden Trio. The five of you were sat at a table talking about Hogwarts and the upcoming Quidditch game which was due to take place next weekend but that conversation only lasted so long when Ron pointed to Ginny who was currently snogging Dean in one of the booths. 

"Aw, bloody hell ..." Ron huffed at the sight he saw, catching everyone's attention and causing you all to look over at where he was pointing. 

"Oh, honestly, Ronald. They'rejust holding hands..." Hermione looked over and smiled slightly but that faded when Dean started to deepen the kiss with Ginny. "and snogging ..."

"I'd like to leave." Ronn announced, starting to stand.,

"Me too." Fred glared over at Ginny and Dean. The two were really going for it right now which made Fred scrunch his face up in disgust and turn back towards his Butterbeer. 

"Leave? You can't be serious." Hermione shot back. 

"That happens to be our sister!" Fred replied. 

"Yeah I don't wanna see that." Ron sat back down and protested with his brother. 

"So? What if she looked over hereand saw you snogging me? Wouldyou expect her to get up andleave?" Hermione fought back. At her words Ron blinked, utterly speechless by her words. "And Fred," She now turned to the red-head. "what if she looked over here and saw you snogging (y/n)? Would you expect her to get up and leave?" 

"She's probably already seen Fred and (y/n) snogging." Harry muttered which earnt him a kick from under the table and a glare from you.

"Harry, m'boy!" A loud booming voice made everyone jump, even Ginny and Dean pulled apart at the sudden sound. Professor Slughorn had just left the bar and had come walking over your table. 

"Hello, sir. Wonderful to see you!" Harry stood, shaking his hand. "So what brings you here, sir?"

"Oh, the Three Broomsticks and I goway back. Longer than I'd care toadmit. In fact, I remember  whenit was simply One Broomstick!" The man doubled over laughing and Harry joined in but Slughorn already seemed drunk just off one Butterbeer as he nearly fell forward, spilling some of his drink on the table close to Hermione. "Oops! All hands on deck, Granger!" 

The man smiled again trying to lighten the mood but Hermione just gave him a sheepish smile, going back to her own drink. She downed it as the man continued to laugh off his mistake. "Listen, m'boy. In the old days, Iused to throw together theoccasional party and invite aselect student or two. Would yoube game?" Slughorn stopped laughing and turned his attention back to Harry. 

"I'd consider it an honour, sir." Harry replied. 

"You'd be welcome too, Granger." He now smiled down at Hermione again. "Oh and you too (y/n)! You need a date so perhaps you should bring Mr Weasley." Slughorn pointed to Fred. "He is quite the character isn't he?" He now turned to Ron. "You should have heard the joke he made about (y/n) choking -" 

"Well yes Professor it'll be an honour to attend your party." You cut him off, not wanting Ron to hear the joke Fred had decided to tell at Slughorn's most recent dinner. 

"Brilliant. Look for my owl." He now turned to Ron before he left. "Good to see you, Wallenby." The man waddled out of the pub, saying hello to a few other students as he left. 

"You okay now?" Fred leaned closer to you and whispered in your ear whilst the Golden Trio had their own conversation. 

"I'm fine Freddie," You tried to smile. "I just don't want to go back to the house -" 

"You'd have to face it eventually, look," Fred now moved his hand and rested it upon your thigh, tracing circles with his thumb for comfort. "I'll go with you besides, you own it now, you filled all the paperwork out. It's yours. You'd have to go back at one point. I'll be with you every step of the way and we'll get through it, together."