63 - Professor Gryffindor

Fred waited in the kitchen for you as you entered to what looked like was his bedroom. Laying on the bed was a red box with a gold ribbon tied around it. Smiling at the clear effort the Weasley boy had made you stepped closer to the box and took the piece of parchment that stood on the top of the box. Unfolding the parchment you read what it said: 

Dear (y/n), 

This is just one of the many presents I plan to buy you. You've done so much for George and me, you deserve it. Thank you for everything you've done for us. We love you, Professor Gryffindor. I hope the present will come in handy soon.

Love from, Fred

You smiled reading the note but placed it down as soon as so you could open the box that lay in front of you. Untieing the ribbon you quickly slipped off the lid of the box to see several cloaks that looked similar to McGonagall's just in (y/f/c). the twins had clearly gotten you robes for your first-day teaching at Hogwarts. Taking them out you admired the material of them all, they were clearly expensive. Something the two wouldn't have been able to afford by just collecting bets. 

That wasn't all though, you placed the cloaks on the bed thinking that was all but then something else caught your eye at the bottom of the box. There was an even smaller red box with no note but despite that, you proceeded to open it. Laying on a velvet cloud was a small, golden, circular charm with a photo of you and Sirius engraved on the front. It was the same photo Sirius had given you after the Yule Ball, the photo of the two of you dancing together. 

Tears started to well up in your eyes at the sight of the photo of you both. You missed him so much, you'd never get over his death. Fred and the twins would help you cope with it, so would Harry and the others but getting over it would be impossible. They say a girls first love is their dad and he's also their first heartbreak, that was true with you and Sirius. He was the first man you'd ever loved and the man who broke your heart when he was taken away and now, he was gone forever and that felt worse than when he was taken to Azkaban. 

Grabbing the charm in your hand you bolted out into the kitchen to see Fred looking at his pocket watch, clearly waiting for to return. At the sound of you opening the bedroom door, he looked up and met your teary gaze. "Thank you, Fred, thank you -" You crashed into his chest, wrapping your arms around his torso, hugging him like he was going to vanish. You started to cry into his chest as Fred started to soothe you and keep you calm. 

"You can put it on our bracelet, you know ..." Fred started to mumble in your hair. "the one with Cedric's charm and the charms I got you a few years ago." Fred pulled back, moving his hand down to cup your face. "I'll look after you now, for infinity." 

Fred moved his thumb across your cheeks, whipping away your tears that were running down your face. "Thank you, Freddie." You leaned into his touch. "Thank you for it all -"

"You don't need to thank me (y/n/n)," He mirrored your smile. "you've given so much to me and George and not to mention how much you've done for Mum and the whole family." 

"I did it because you all deserve it." You looked up to him. "Out of all the families in the Wizard world, you're the ones who deserve all the riches, unlike the Malfoy family." Fred's face lit up at your words. "I mean it, Freddie," You now pulled back to look at the charm again. "Thank you again, I miss him so much -" 

"I know you do," He sighed. "I'm sorry again (y/n), I'd give my life for his so you could be happy -" 

"Fred if I lost you I wouldn't be able to go on." You now stepped closer and cupped his face, staring into his eyes. "You and Sirius are the two most important men in my life, I've lost Sirius but I can't even bear to think about what it would be like to lose you too." You pulled his face down and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Come on Mr Weasley," You smirked at him. "you'll be needed down there, you are the boss after all," Fred smirked with you.