34 - The Order of the Phoenix

Just as you were about to eat you heard a whisper in your ear. "(y/n).... come upstairs.... now..." It was a voice you'd thought you'd heard before. You looked around yet saw no one acknowledge the sound.

"Umm, would you mind if I just run upstairs. I just need to check something." You didn't wait for an answer. You stood up rather fast and bolted towards the stairs. You reached the top of the stairs and saw what looked to be a shadow heading further up the stairs. Without a second thought, you followed it. 

"You shouldn't be here..." You heard the voice again as you entered the darkest room of the house. 

"Who are you?" You spoke with confidence. 

"You don't know me?" It seemed like it was a woman speaking. 

"No? Should I?" You whispered. The room was so dark it was hard to see if anyone was even standing in the darkness with you but the cold air around you suggested you were alone. 

"Indeed. We are family. (y/n) you need to leave this place, don't go back to Hogwarts either."

"Why?" You asked as you felt the cold air circle around you. 

"Danger... you won't be able to save them all..." 

"Save who?" 

"(Y/N)!" The cold air around you quickly vanished at the sound of Sirius calling your name. "YOUR DINNER IS GETTING COLD!" 

"Save who?" You pleaded but there was no answer. "SAVE WHO?" You begged again but there was no reply. You huffed and ran back down the stairs and into the kitchen. 

"Everything okay?" Sirius asked. 

"Yes, fine." You replied as you sat back down. Fred leaned closer to you and whispered to you as everyone started their own conversations. 

"You sure you're okay (y/n/n)?" 

"Of course Freddie, I just needed to check something." You smiled at the boy as you started to eat.

"How was Hogwarts without us?" Fred asked. You were currently sat opposite him and his twin, everyone was involved in their own conversations which made it easy to have smaller private conversations despite your parents being sat rather close to you all. 

"Interesting." 

"Couldn't have been." Fred started. 

"We weren't there," George smirked.

"Seems like you got em' wrapped around ya finger!" Mundungus piped up which lead you to give him an uneasy smile. The man dragged the twins away from you and started to tell them stories about himself. Not caring much you sent the man a glare and focused back on your food. 

You'd been at Hogwarts without the boys for just over a month and needless to say, you missed them terribly. You also couldn't help but miss Fred more. He always seemed to be on your mind. The Yule Ball also wasn't something you could drive out of your mind. Did he just kiss you because of the mistletoe? No, surely not. The way he acted after? No. But did he like you? Your mind just wouldn't stop with the questions it was like you were in an exam. Two familiar laughs interrupted your thinking and everyone else's conversation. 

"And then..." Mundungus choked. "and then, if you'll believe it, 'e says to me, "Ere, Dung, where didja get all them toads from? 'Cos some son of a Bludger's gone and nicked all mine!" And I says "Nicked all your toads, Will, what next? So you'll be wanting some more, then?" And if you'll belive me lads the gormkess gargoyle buys all 'is own toads orf me for a lot more'n what'e paid in the first place-"