89 - The Battle of Hogwarts

Once Fred had disappeared with his brother you followed McGonagall and the other Professors including a few students and Mrs Weasley outside to the courtyard. Students were running around frantically, getting into positions to fight or hiding away from the events that were going to take place. Neville was alongside the students who were walking with you and McGonagall, he began to speak. 

"Let me get this straight, Professor. You're giving us permission to do this?" He asked, almost in disbelief. 

"That is correct, Longbottom," McGonagall replied. 

"To blow it up? Boom!" 

"Boom!" She replied a smile spread on your face as she spoke. 

"Wicked." Neville also began to smile. "Um... exactly how do you proposewe do this, Professor?" 

"Why don't you confer with Mr Finnegan. As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics." At her words, everyone turned their heads to see a smiling Seamus, almost as if his moment of glory had arrived.

"I can bring 'er down," Seamus spoke up.

"That's the spirit. Now off you go." McGonagall ushered them off, leaving you, Mrs Weasley and the rest of the Professors were standing at the entrance to the school. 

"You realize, of course, that nothing we do will be able to keep out You-Know-Who indefinitely," Flitwick spoke, sounding nervous as he did so. 

"That doesn't mean we can't hold him up." Professor Sprout replied, drawing her wand. 

"That doesn't mean we can't delay him," McGonagall said with a brave tone. "And his name is Voldemort, Filius. You might aswell use it. He's going to try to kill you either way." She now spun around and raised her wand at the school. "Piertotum Locomotor!" 

As she spoke the spell the corridor statues with heavy plated armour came to life. They all fell onto the hard stone floor or the school holding their weapons in place before rising and getting into formation. They began to march down the stairs, out into the courtyard and to the bridge, protecting Hogwarts for as long as they could. 

"Hogwarts is threatened! Man the boundaries and protect us! Do your duty to our school!" McGonagall yelled as the statues walked past you all. "I've always wanted to use that spell." She smiled and let out a small giggle of excitement which made you smile. Knowing this was your sigh you and Professor Flitwick took the steps down into the courtyard to join the rest of the teachers. Just as you did so McGonagall pulled you back. 

"It's good to see you," She smiled. "you and Mr Weasley look very happy together." 

"Thank you, it's good to see you too ... Mum." You smiled back at her. The use of the word 'Mum' bright a tear to her eye. Everyone knew she and you weren't blood-related but she was one of the closest things you had to family other than Snape. You were about to turn around when Mrs Weasley started to talk to you again. 

"(y/n) ... thank you for taking care of my boy all these years ... I had to thank you in case anything happens ..." You knew Molly was beyond worried for this. She always said it wasn't likely that not all of the Weasleys would make it, you just hoped she was wrong. 

"No, thank you for letting him take care of me all these years." You gave her a faint smile before turning around and walking to a space in the courtyard. You raised your wand and began to mutter the spell. "Protego Maxima...Finato Duri...Repello Inimicum..." As you spoke white lights shot out from your wand and began to form a magical shield over Hogwarts. It wouldn't protect you all forever but it would give Harry the time he needed and that was worth every second.