86 - The Deathly Hallows

"Such a beautiful night... to be with friends. Dobby is happy...to be with his friend... Harry Potter..." Those were his last words as the elf you all loved dearly, died in Harry's arms.

Dobby was buried on the beach as a free elf. A brave free elf that had no master. To you and everyone who loved him, he was not just a friend but a hero. He was buried without magic, it was Harry's wish and you all carried it out. You were now sitting in the kitchen of the orders safe house. Bill and Fleur currently lived there due to it being owned previously by the Weasley's aunt. Dobby had brought Luna, Ollivander and the rest of you here to keep you safe as there wasn't any way the Death Eaters of Voldemort himself would find you, after all, you were pretty much in the middle of nowhere. 

"Fleur's seeing to Ollivander. Anyone else need tending  to?" Bill asked as he began to make up a pot of tea. 

Fred was currently wiping away the blood that had dried on your skin as his older brother spoke, thankfully, the wound Bellatrix had left wasn't too deep which meant it would heal on its own without magic. He then bandaged it up so it wouldn't bleed out over your clothes if it were to open again. 

"You feeling better love?" Fred asked, holding your hand into his. 

"I'm fine Freddie." You squeezed his hand to reassure him as you sent him a small smile. 

Harry was sat opposite you on the table whereas Fred was sat beside you still inspecting the damage on your skin. Harry's tears had dried and he was now there staring into space, his face was still sunk from the events that had just taken place mere minutes ago. He was yet to utter a word to anyone when Luna came and sat down beside him, putting a hand on Harry's shoulder. 

"Harry. It's all right. That it hurts. That's what reminds us how lucky we are to be alive." Harry turned to look at Luna as she spoke those words, in fact, you all did. Harry gave her a small smile but said nothing. 

"She's right, Harry." You now spoke in a gentle tone. "He may not be with us but he isn't in any more pain and he's free, once and for all. He's a free elf."

You got more of a reaction from Harry, he nodded and smiled again but still stayed seated in his chair. Seeing as this was all you were getting Luna started to stand and speak again. "It's beautiful here." She began to walk around the room, pondering in her thoughts as she stared at a wind chime. 

"It was our Aunt's. We used to come here as kids. The Order uses it now as a safe house - what's left of us, at least." Bill replied, finishing up the pot of tea he was occupied with. 

"Muggles think these keep evil away." Luna tapped the chime. "But they're wrong ..."

"I want to speak to the Goblin." Harry abruptly stood up and announced, causing the focus to fade from Luna and to pile onto him. "Come with me?" He looked down at you. 

"Of course." You replied, standing with Fred. Bill knew there wasn't any point of arguing with any of you, he knew how Fred could get so he just nodded and lead you, Fred, Harry, Hermione and Ron to one of the spare bedrooms where he'd been staying. You grabbed the sword on the way up, knowing Harry wanted to question him about that. 

"How are you?" Harry asked with very little emotion. 

"Alive." He replied in the same dull tone. 

"You probably don't remember -" Harry was cut off before he could finish. 

"- that I showed you to your vault the first time you visited Gringotts? Even amongst goblins, you are famous, Harry Potter." Griphook nodded towards the window. "You buried the elf. I saw you."