8 - Christmas night

As you were heading back to the Great Hall you were met with the kind eyes of Remus Lupin. "I thought you'd gone home for Christmas." You stated to the man who stood in front of you. 

"I went back this morning but I wanted to see my niece on Christmas day." 

"Are you still annoyed at me?" You asked.

"I was never annoyed. I understand. But I believe he's innocent." 

"What?" 

"I have a feeling he's innocent. I just need to know for sure." 

"You and me both." You both smiled.  "He's here." You spoke up.

"What? Have you seen him?" 

"No, but me and Harry both received firebolts for Christmas. There was no note but when I opened mine a chocolate rose fell out of the packaging. There's only one person who gives me a chocolate rose. Unless it was you." 

"No I have your gift here." He held up a brown box. "If he is around here he won't stay quiet for long. If he knows about you playing Quidditch and he knows about what happened at the last match then he'll come out of hiding soon. If he's not afraid to enter Hogwarts then who knows what he'll do." 

You nodded at the man as you spoke up. "I miss him." Lupin gave you a sad smile and pulled you in for a hug. 

"We'll all be reunited one day. We'll be a family once again." You smiled into the hug but it didn't last long as you both pulled away. 

"Merry Christmas (y/n)." He held out your gift. 

"Thank you, Merry Christmas Uncle Lupin." You smiled as you headed off to the Great Hall.

"Hello everyone!" You called out as you entered the hall and sat down next to Percy. Fang barked causing the boy to jump.

"I will never get used to that thing being here." He remarked.

"That 'thing' is a dog thank you very much and his name is Fang." You shot back. "Have either of you spoken to Hermione?" You asked Harry and Ron as they ate.

"I'm not talking to her." Ron spat as he ate.

"She's sat down there." Harry's head turned to the front of the table where you saw Hermione eating alone.

"Should we invite her to eat with us?" Ginny asked as she sat alongside Fred.

"No way! You saw what she did! Her cat killed Scabbers! And she told everyone that (y/n) knows Sirius Black!"

"Keep your voice down Ron!" I whisper yelled at the boy.

"And she wants to take away (y/n) and Harry's brooms!" You all gave one another a look debating if you should go against Ron's wishes or not when you caught Percy waving to one of the head girls.

"Aww, Percy is that your girlfriend? You know the one you spent all summer writing to last year?" You said casually. At your words, Fred choked on his pumpkin juice and everyone stopped eating to stare at the boy.

"No I'm not waving to anyone!" He tripped up his words.

"Oh really?" You questioned the boy again. "So you're telling me you didn't spend all of last year hidden in your room as you wrote to her?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. Besides, I didn't think you would have paid any attention considering all mum and dad did last year was yell at you five!"

"You know what? Because you are together maybe we should ask her to come over. After all, she might become family one day." Fred smirked.

"Don't you dare!"