91 - Love of my life

Your eyes were flooding with tears again. The man you loved more than anything in the world was alive, he was standing beside you with a grin on his face helping you protect the rest of Hogwarts. It was like magic, he was now going to see his child grow up, he was finally going to know and he was going to know much you truly loved him. 

"H- how?" You whispered through your tears. 

"I was told if you ever asked," Fred turned his face and gave you a smug grin, much like Sirius had done all those years ago. "anything is possible when you're me."

With that sentence alone you knew exactly who had told him that. Despite the questions racing through your head, you kept them at bay, even beyond the grave Sirius would never give his secrets away, even if it meant getting the love of your life back in your arms. When you were yet to meet the man who raised you once again you could ask him but you hoped you would never see him for a while and he hoped for the same. 

With your wands still holding the shield up the only thing the two of you could do for now was smile at one another, the both of you had tears streaming down your faces at this point. The Death Eaters were trying their best to fly over the shield and break it down yet a mothers love was stronger than any wand or Death Eater alive but despite this, the shield wouldn't hold forever. Both you and Fred could feel it growing weaker if the two of you didn't move out of the way soon the shield would break and the two of you would end up facing the Death Eaters on your own. 

"We don't have long -" Fred spoke. "Take my hand and the two of us will run to the Great Hall for safety -" 

"Fred I'm not letting you go anywhere near that hall!" You fired back. "I've lost you once I'm not losing you again!" 

"You didn't lose me, did you?" He arched his brow. "I'm still here, aren't I?" 

"JUST!" You yelled back. Fred rolled his eyes at your words. 

"You're just being dramatic." He turned to face you, grabbing you with his arm and pulling you into his chest so the two of you could run off into the Great Hall. He used his arm to cover your face from the falling debris as you bolted into the Hall. 

As the two of you entered it was clear how determined and how quickly the Death Eaters had made their way inside, they were fighting amongst the fallen, throwing spells at anyone they could find. A familiar cackle caught both of your attention, looking over to the sound of the noise you saw Bellatrix trying to throw a spell at Ginny but Molly jumped in front of her which earnt another loud laugh from the woman.

"Come on, granny, give us your best!" Bellatrix laughed. 

"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" Molly screamed, defecting her spell but firing one just in time. Her spell caused Bellatrix to freeze which gave Molly the chance to fire another one which caused the woman to explode into a million pieces. 

Bellatrix was dead ... the woman who killed Sirius Black and tortured you for days on end was finally dead and could no longer harm any witch or wizard. 

"Bloody hell Mum that was brilliant!" Fred smiled from across the hall at her which made the woman and the rest of the Weasley family immediately turn their heads towards the voice they all recognised. 

George was the first to sprint over and pull his brother into a hug, much like you George was crying his eyes out as he crashed into his brother's arms. He didn't say anything, he only sobbed into his arms harder. Molly now couldn't contain her tears, she pushed George to the side so she could take her son into her arms and hug him and hold the son she thought she'd lost. Arthur started to do the same, pulling his son and wife into a hug whilst the rest of the Weasley family began to cry and follow suit with their parents.