15 - An explanation

You and Sirius kept walking side by side until you eventually made it out of the Whomping Willow. "You know I had no idea that you were on the Quidditch team well, didn't know what position you played." He said.

"Oh, yeah I'm a chaser. I guess you've seen a few of my games when you turned up in your Animagus form."

"Had to see my girl play, I wouldn't miss one of your games for the world if I could help it." He smiled at you. "Did you realise it was me?"

"If I'm honest, no I didn't. I looked at you and I expected to panic but that lasted for less than a second. I looked at you and felt safe like I'd seen you before, and I guess my feeling was right." You returned the smile.

"I wouldn't have expected you to remember, it has been twelve years."

"Twelve years too long."

"You know, I am so proud of you." Sirius stopped you as you both faced the castle.

"You are?"

"Of course! My daughter threw a teacher into a wall! And not just any teacher! You threw Snape into a wall!" He boasted.

"I'm guessing you never liked him at school?" You questioned.

"Oh dear no." He looked at the castle then looked back at you.

"That explains why he hates me so much." You muttered causing him to chuckle.

"You know your Uncle James would be proud of you too, being on the Quidditch team and all." You smiled at his words.

"He'd be proud of Harry too."

"He would be, so would Lily." He looked down and started to play with his hands indicating he was nervous. "I'll understand if you choose to stay with McGonagall well your mother, but, so you know, you could -"

"Live with you?"

"Soon as my name's cleared... You, me and Harry..." You both smiled at one another, both smiles filled with happiness.

"(y/n)!" Hermione yelled causing you and Sirius to turn around. The moon was full and Lupin was starting to shift.

"Remus, old friend... did you take your potion tonight?" Sirius questioned as he strode over to him. Remus started to twitch and his wand started to shake in his hand. Peter's eyes started to darken.

"You know the man you truly are, Remus. This flesh is only flesh." Sirius started to hit Lupin's chest as he spoke again. "This heart is where you truly live. This heart! Here!" Lupins wand fell and Peter tried to grab it but Harry stopped him.

"Expelliarmus!" Lupins wand fell and Peter took his chances. He started to shift into a rat and bolted off into the night. A sudden howl shot through the air. Lupin was no longer a human but a werewolf. He grabbed Sirius and threw him back.

"Dad!" You went to check on him but Lupin was barking and getting closer. "Uncle Lupin, you know me. Please just-" Lupin tried to jump forward but someone pushed you back. It was Snape.

Snape jumped in front of you all and tried to defend you but Lupin jumped up causing you all to fall back. The werewolf tried to strike but a large black dog tackled Lupin. Padfoot stood in front of you all and growled at the werewolf, protecting you all. The two dogs started to fight and even when Padfoot was thrown to the ground he still got up and fought to protect you. Padfoot dragged the werewolf away from you as he started to bolt away.

"Dad!" You yelled and ducked under Snape's arm to follow your dad.

"Come back here!" Snape shouted but you ignored him. You ran closer and saw Lupin holding up Sirius and then throwing him into the ground. He went to strike again but you threw a rock at the werewolf. Its attention was now on you, you started to walk back not sure what your next move was going to be when suddenly a howl started to sound, catching Lupin's attention. He looked at you one more time and then suddenly took off towards the sound.