37 - The Final Year

Your heart was pounding as you looked down at the sight in front of you. Molly was still sobbing as she tried to cast a spell. "R - r - riddikulus!" She flicked her wand at the pile of bodies but instead of the Weasley family fading away it just grew worse. Now, more bodies had joined the family. Looking down you saw both you and Harry, dead.

"Molly!" You called to the woman as you snapped yourself out of your own thoughts. Molly didn't seem to hear you as she just sobbed even louder. "Mrs Weasley!"

"Riddikulus!" She yelled through her tears but, like last time it just got worse. The bodies started to pile higher and the state of them grew more sinister with every word she spoke. "No!" She moaned as the body of her husband was pushed closer to her.

"It's not real (y/n)..." A faint whisper sounded from behind you. The voice belonged to your mother, so you believed. You clutched the necklace of her and sure enough it was stone cold, just like the room had been when you'd first heard her. "You know the spell..." She whispered again.

"Mrs Weasley just get out of here!" You called to the woman. You tried to talk to her but the boggart of her dead family didn't help. Especially because your two best friends were now lying in front of you with ghostly looks on their faces. Molly clearly wasn't listening and you knew there was no way of getting past the bodies without falling into a state of panic.

You pulled out your wand, took a breath before yelling the spell. "Riddikulus!"

"What's going on in here?" Lupin had burst through the door as you casted the spell. The bodies of you, Harry and the Weasley family were now nothing but smoke. Lupin pulled out his wand and helped you cast the Boggart away so it could no longer harm anyone before running over to Mrs Weasley.

"Molly," Lupin said softly as she covered her face and started to cry even harder. "Molly, don't -" Next second, she was sobbing her heart out on Lupins shoulder. "Molly, it was just a Boggart, just a stupid Boggart." He soothed her.

"I see them d - d - dead all the time!" She moaned into your uncle's shoulder. "All the t - t - time! I d - d - dream about it ..."

Sirius was standing behind you in the doorway with Moody as they watched the scene unfold. Sirius stepped closer to you and pulled you into a side hug. "That was brave of you."

"She helped me..."

"Who?" He whispered hoping the others couldn't hear you both.

"My Mum, I heard her again... she helped me cast the spell... I could never do it in Hogwarts..."

"You were right, Barty wouldn't hurt you. He gave you that to protect you."

"You think?"

"Hmm .... maybe there was some good in his heart ..." Sirius trailed off as Molly started to shriek.

"D - d - don't tell Arthur, I d - d - don't want him to know ... being silly ..." Lupin handed her a handkerchief and she blew her nose. "(y/n) I'm so sorry. What must you think of me? Not even able to get rid of a Boggart ..."

"Don't be stupid," You tried to smile. "I've never gotten rid of a Boggart before ... just ask Lupin or the twins, I couldn't do it in class. It's not a sign of weakness Molly."

"Thank you dear." She tried to smile back. "I'm just s - s- so worried. Half the f - f - family's in the Order, it'll b - b - be a miracle if we all come through this ... and P - P - Percy's not talking to us ... what if something d - d - dreadful happens and we've never m - m - made it up with him? And what's going to happen if Arthur and I get killed, who's g - g - going to look after Ron and Ginny?"