87 - Aberforth Dumbledore

The voice was one you knew all too well. How they found you, you never knew. His voice was the same dull tone that it has always been no matter what the scenario. Your wand was thankfully in your pocket and even though you knew this man would never hurt you, especially because of the most recent events that had taken place in life but, you were still cautious of him. Drawing your wand you jumped up and spun around, holding your wand up to his throat although you did look rather stupid considering he was just standing behind you with no wand in his hand. 

"Put the wand down (y/n) you look ridiculous." He huffed. 

"You can never be too sure with you." You lowered your wand, putting it back inside your jacket pocket, still eyeing the man before you. "Why are you here? And how did you find me?"

"Now now," His tone turned soft. "is that any way to talk to your father?" 

You rolled your eyes at the man, a small smile tugging at your lips. "Would've been nice if I'd known you were my father for the past 19 years." You replied. 

"Yes well," He took a step closer. "you know why I couldn't tell you the truth, I had to keep your safe" 

"Why are you here?" You changed the subject. 

"I heard about the elf -" 

"How?" You fired back rather fast. 

"I have my ways, how on earth do you think I've watched over and taken care of you all these years?" 

"Fair enough." You replied. "He was killed ... killed by Bellatrix." You turned around and knelt down by the grave again. "We buried him without magic, it was Harry's wish. He died a hero." As you spoke that last sentence you turned back to look at him. 

"I can tell ..." He trailed off. "I wanted to warn you." 

"Warn me?" You now stood up again. "Warn me about what?"

"There will be a war -" 

"That's evident." You replied. 

"You're blaming yourself for Dobby's death and I don't want you to blame yourself for anyone else's." His tone was serious. "You know I may not be around after this -" 

"Don't say that." You cut him off. "I've already lost one Dad, I don't want to lose another." 

"I will do everything in my power to ensure your safety over mine." He didn't break eye contact as he spoke. "You need to keep yourself safe, the war won't pick and chose who it takes. It'll take the ones you love faster than you can utter a protection spell. You know this better than anyone."

"What are you trying to say?" You raised your brow at him.

"You will lose the ones you love if you aren't vigilant. If I could I wouldn't let you go anywhere near this mess but I know I can't stop you ... Weasley might be able to talk some sense into you -" 

"Not a chance." You shot back. "Harry and the rest of the trio are like family to me, not to mention the entire Weasley family  have acted like I was one of them for years and I'm not going to fear death, not now." Standing your ground you kept your gaze focused on the man. 

"If there is one piece of advice you take from your father let it be this," Snape checked his surroundings before speaking. "don't lose your focus whilst you worry on things out of your control." You caught his gaze flicker down to the necklace Barty Crouch Jr had given you before looking back at you. "Take care of yourself, daughter." He disappeared into a could of black smoke, apparating away to Hogwarts. 

You now stood there, alone on the beach. Your hand went straight to your neck, holding the necklace in your hands you thought back to his words. Perhaps Snape was referring to what you were thinking of before he turned up well ... you weren't sure how long he'd been standing there. Maybe that is what Snape was trying to tell you, to stop worrying about the necklace as it was something you couldn't control and focus on the things around you, otherwise you might lose someone you love.