90 - Fred Weasley

Fred Weasley, the love of your life was lying on the floor, dead. 

Your heart shattered into a million pieces. You fell to your knees, your eyes flooded with tears as you screamed with heartbreak as you hit the floor. Everyone in the hall spun around at the sudden screams coming from you. Buring your head in your hands you began to sob even louder and your screams continued. Madam Pomfrey ran to your aid but someone else was faster. Oliver Wood hooked his arms under yours and pulled you up into his chest. 

Oliver put his hand in your hair and guided your head into his chest so he could soothe you. His other hand wrapped around your hips and pulled you towards the set of stairs near where Fred's dead body was laying. "Shh, c'mon you need to sit down." As you moved to sit down you caught sight of your boyfriend laying on the floor, lifeless and broke away from Oliver's arms and fell down to the floor where Fred was laying. 

Taking his head into your hands you rested your forehead onto his, staining his cheeks with your tears. You then wrapped your arms around his neck and fell onto his chest, sobbing into him as you spoke. "I love you too Freddie ... I always have ..." You could still smell the faint scent of cinnamon, gunpowder, the Burrow and mint toothpaste on his clothes. It still smelt like home to you. "Please let this just be a sick joke ... Fred please ..." 

"It isn't a joke (y/n)." George choked out through his sobs. "He's gone." Percy pulled his younger brother into a hug as his sobs grew louder. 

You turned your head back to Fred. Your hand pushed stray hairs out of his face as you leant down and placed a kiss on his lips. You expected him to feel as cold as ice but as your lips lingered onto his you could feel some warmth, almost as if there was so hope left. "I'll love you for infinity, Fred Weasley." 

Your tears flooded your eyes again as you tried your best to stand with the help of Oliver Wood guiding your way. As you stood your eyes fell onto two other bodies, laying away from Fred. Remus and Tonks were lying on the floor, their hands almost touching. Both had been killed during the war. The sight only added to your pain. You stumbled out of Oliver's grip and stammered over to your uncle and much like Fred, you fell down into his chest, sobbing as you did so. 

"Uncle ... Remus please come back to me ..." You sat up and looked into his eyes that were now shut. "What about Teddy ..." You whispered when it hit you. You were Teddy's Godmother, he was now your responsibility and now, you were to raise him alone, without Fred by your side.

Crying even harder than before you were now sat by Fred and your Uncle's lifeless bodies, sobbing with pain ripping through your body. Oliver Wood tried to pick you up and take you away from this mess but you fought his grip, that was until someone else walked over and pulled you into their arms, pulling you to the other side of the room. This person was someone you never expected to help you or even turn up at the battle. 

Opening your eyes at the stranger who had carried you away and who was now tending to the small cuts on your face from the battle was Draco Malfoy. 

He cupped your face and began to wipe away your tears with his thumb. "I'm so sorry (y/n) ..." A tear formed in his eye at the state of you. "You never deserved any of this." He pulled you into his chest to let you sob which you happily accepted. You and Draco stayed embraced in each other's arms for a while, that was until Oliver made his way back over to the two of you. 

"Malfoy." Oliver's tone was strict which just hinted to Draco that he didn't want him around. Draco didn't want to cause you any more stress than you were already in so he just pulled gently away from you but not before whispering something in your ear. He stood up and pushed past Oliver, on his way to find someone else.