69 - Draco Malfoy

As Gryffindor had won in typical Gryffindor fashion there was a party in the common room which thankfully, you, Fred, Lee and George were all able to attend. Unlike Oliver who had to dash off due to work, unfortunately, he didn't get much time off due to him playing for a professional team but he wouldn't have it any other way and you were just happy that he was doing what he loved.

The common room was full of students singing 'Weasley is our King' and cheering as they ate and downed the victory in butterbeer. Gryffindor was now on track for winning the cup again, and with Harry as Captain, that's all you could ask for. Lee was currently dancing with a few other students as he started to down some butterbeer, George had joined in. Meanwhile, you and Fred were stood on the steps watching with Harry and Hermione. 

"Do you miss it?" Fred asked, turning to you. 

"All the time." You smiled up at Fred. "Just because I work here doesn't mean it's the same. Hogwarts is a magical place and it'll always be my home but teaching isn't the same as being a student here. If I'm honest I never thought I'd miss Quidditch. At this point, I'd kill anyone just to have Oliver wake us up and drag us out to the Quidditch pitch."

"I'd rather have training with you as Captain, at least you didn't drag us out of bed on a Saturday morning." 

"Oliver was just passionate -" 

"Too passionate," Fred replied, turning now to face Ron who was currently standing on top of a table as everyone in the common room cheered for him. "Didn't think he could do it." 

"Why?" Hermione interjected. "Ron's an excellent keeper." 

"I never said he wasn't." Fred now turned to address the younger Gryffindor. "You saw him last year, he couldn't catch a thing until the final game. I reckon that was just luck."

"Unless you used a spell on him like you did the Quidditch try-outs." You gave Hermione a smug grin. Her face was a picture, she looked mortified that you'd noticed but it wasn't that hard when you too could perform wandless magic. Although, you'd only ever performed it once when Umbridge had you all in detention. 

"How did you?" She asked. 

"You aren't the only one who can perform wandless magic." 

"What?" Hermione asked in disbelief. "You mean you can do magic without a wand?" 

"Just like you can." You smiled. The two of you were now talking about the spells you'd used and how the two of you came to using wandless magic when suddenly a large burst of cheers erupted from in front of you. Both you and Hermione looked up only to see Ron kissing Lavander Brown. 

You knew Hermione liked Ron, anyone could see that even Harry could. Despite their arguing the couple got on rather well and Hermione had started to develop a rather big crush on Ron and even Ron had done the same (not that he'd tell anyone) so when Hermione saw what was happening, she left. 

"Hermione wait!" You called out but she didn't stop. Much like you'd done when Angelina kissed Fred, she bolted out the door. You knew that she'd need a friend right now, you did when Draco found you and if it wasn't for him who knows if you'd gotten over what had happened. 

You found Hermione sat on a stair outside the common room with her head buried in her hands, crying. You didn't say a word as you sat down next to her, placing an arm around her shoulder you pulled her into your side where she began to cry into your chest. 

"How did it feel, (y/n)? When you saw Fred with Angelina?" Hermione whispered through her tears. "You're one of my close friends (y/n) I know we don't talk as much but I know you're there for me when I need you and I've seen the way you look at Fred. We all have."