9 - New term

Soon enough the Gryffindor common room was full of noise and chatter. Throughout the sea of colours and familiar faces, you spotted Oliver Wood. You were sitting next to Harry and Ron when Wood walked over.

"Hey (y/n), Harry and oh hello Ron. Had a good Christmas?"

"Wonderful as always, what about you?" Oliver ignored your question and spoke to Harry.

"I've been doing some thinking over Christmas, Harry. After the last match, you know. If the Dementors come to the next one ... I mean we can't afford you to - well -" Wood looked down awkwardly.

"I think he gets it Wood." You rolled your eyes at the boy.

"I'm working on it, Professor Lupin said he'd train me to ward the Dementors off. We should be starting this week; he said he'd have time after Christmas." Harry answered.

"Ah well in that case - I really didn't want to lose you as a seeker, Harry. And have you ordered a new broom yet?"

"No."

"What! You'd better get a move on-"

"Oliver leave him be." You playfully pushed the boy as you shot him a glare.

"He got a firebolt for Christmas! So did (y/n) and so did Fred and George."

"A firebolt? No Seriously? A - a real Firebolt? (y/n) why did you not tell me when you wrote?"

"Because you never asked."

"I shouldn't need to! I can't believe you didn't tell me!"

"Don't get excited Oliver. We haven't got them anymore. They were confiscated." Harry replied in a glum tone.

"Well mine and Harry's were. Fred and George still have theirs." You looked over at the twins and saw Angelina holding Fred's wrist as she choked out a laugh causing you to roll your eyes. Looking back up to Oliver you saw him smirking at your actions. "What?"

"Nothin'." He smiled at you before speaking again. "Why has yours been taken?"

"McGonagall thinks they've been jinxed."

"I bought the brooms for Fred and George hence why they let them keep theirs."

"Jinxed? But how could it be jinxed?"

"Sirius Black." Harry answered Oliver's question. "He's supposed to be after me and (y/n). So McGonagall reckons he might have sent it."

"But Black couldn't have bought two Firebolts he's on the run! The whole country's on the lookout for him! How could he just walk into Quality Quidditch Supplies and buy two broomsticks?

"I know - but McGonagall still wants to strip them both down." Harry's words caused Oliver to go pale.

"I'll go and talk to her, I'll make her see reason ... a Firebolt ... a real Firebolt on our team ... she wants Gryffindor to win as much as we do ... I'll make her see sense ... a real Firebolt ... imagine four on our team."

"Look if things don't go to plan I'll just give Harry my broom and the girls can take my spot." You shrugged.

"WHAT? NO WAY! NO WAY ARE YOU QUITTING THE QUIDDITCH TEAM NOW!" Oliver yelled slightly too loud causing the attention of several students to face the two of you.

"I didn't say I was going to quit you, bloody idiot!" You yelled back as you stood up in order to be face to face with the boy.

"THERE IS NO WAY I AM LETTING YOU WALK AWAY NOW!"