13 - The Quidditch final

The weeks went by and Sirius was hardly mentioned instead, the most talked about topic was the Quidditch final between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Wood had made you all train 6 days a week for hours on end. Gryffindor was obsessed with winning the cup. Gryffindor hadn't won the cup since the legendary Charlie Weasley who also happened to be a seeker.

Everyone in the common room was on edge and had abandoned their usual pursuits. Even Hermione had put down her books.

"I can't work, I can't concentrate." She said in a state of nervousness. Fred and George were dealing with the pressure by being louder and causing more chaos than ever before. Oliver was sat crouched over a model of a Quidditch pitch poking the figures around, mumbling to himself.

Alicia and Katie were laughing at Fred and George whilst you were sat with Hermione trying to read to take your mind off the game tomorrow. Harry and Ron were also sat with you but Harry was looking extremely uneasy.

"You're going to be fine," Hermione tried to comfort him.

"You've got a firebolt! So has (y/n) and Fred and George!" Ron said.

"Yeah ..." Harry looked down with unease.

"We'll be okay Harry, trust me. Fred and George won't let you get hit so you can focus. Me and the girls will score the goals so we get ahead besides, you're a far better seeker than Malfoy." You smiled at the boy.

"She's right mate," Fred said, there was no room left on the sofa so Fred dumped himself onto you.

"When aren't I? Fred get off!" You smirked up at the boy but quickly changed your expression as he sat down.

"Behave." He laughed "Just sit on me!" He moaned as you wriggled out from under him. You now stood in front of him with your arms crossed. 

"I'll break your legs." You joked but he rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around your hips and pulled you down onto his lap. You face grew hot as you turned to focus back on the group. You distracted yourself from the boy as you all started to immerse yourself into a deep conversation but it didn't help that Fred was moving his thumbs up and down your sides. You were all talking when Oliver interrupted you and came to your rescue.

"Team! Bed!" He yelled, causing a few of you to groan in relief.

"Ooo yes, father!" Both you and Fred cooed out together.

"Oh get to bed you two!" Oliver yelled at you both. You stood up smiling and you suddenly missed the contact from Fred. No (y/n) you're just cold and he's basically a heater, you're just cold. Oliver sent you two a glare as you and Fred walked to the dorms in a fit of laughter.

Surprisingly you slept well even though you were full of anxiety. You got changed into your Quidditch jumper and headed down to the Great Hall with the rest of the team. Upon entering you were all met with an enormous applause from the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tables. The Slytherin table, however, were hissing loudly as you all sat down at your table.

"Right! Team! Eat!" Oliver announced as he urged you all eat even though he wouldn't touch anything himself.

"Oliver you can't force us to eat and not eat yourself." You spoke.

"Yes I can, I'm the captain."

"If you don't eat I'll play shi-"

"Don't you dare even finish that!" He snapped.

"Then eat." He glared at you but started to pile food onto his plate.

"You really do have everyone wrapped around your little finger don't you?" Fred chuckled.