25 - The First Task

Despite you and Fred making up you still sat with Harry during meals as he and Ron were yet to talk. You entered the Great Hall for breakfast, the task was supposed to take part in a few days so you wanted to be around Harry to calm him as best you could. You made your way over to him and sat opposite him. "Dragons." He looked down at his food and muttered. 

"What?" 

"That's the first task, dragons."

"How'd you know?" 

"I met with Hagrid, he showed me the dragons, Charlie was there too he must be helping with this task." 

"Well you know nothing too bad will happen with Charlie around." You tried to reassure Harry who was looking unhappy and rather unsure of your words. 

"Morning you two." Fred announced as he sat down next to you. 

"Fred what are doing here?" 

"Eating breakfast..." 

"No I meant why are you sat here with us? Ron'll get annoyed." 

"I don't care what that git has to say, I know the truth and I want to sit with my best friend." 

"Seems you two kissed and made up." Harry smirked as he ate his cereal. 

"Yes, thank you Harry." You rolled your eyes at his comment.

"Speaking of the first task I better go tell Cedric about the dragons." Harry said as he got up and walked off to the castle grounds. 

"Dragons?" Fred asked.

"That's the first task, Charlies brought them here, perhaps we'll see him at the task." 

"Hopefully." He nodded as you two sat in silence. Fred kept looking at you throughout breakfast which caused you to spark up a conversation. 

"Something on my face?" 

"You're oddly silent." 

"I'm just thinking." 

"About?" 

"If I tell you, you must promise me you won't tell George or anyone else. If you do I will hex you." 

"I promise." 

"I met Sirius a few days ago, he was at Hogwarts. I asked him about my godfather. I know who it is now." 

"Who?" 

"Barty Crouch JR." 

"The death eater?" 

"Yes... What confuses me though is I always thought he hated the Malfoys as they escaped punishment unlike him, so why would he use them to talk to me?" 

"Probably because that's the only way to talk to you without being caught besides, he knows the Malfoys would make sure you got the message especially because of how much they hate your dad. But surely he won't be able to get into Hogwarts, not with his own father being here." 

"That's what I thought but if Voldemort can get in more than once without anyone knowing then Barty will have no problem. Sirius said I shouldn't go anywhere alone-" 

"I'll do it." 

"What?" 

"I'll look after you-" 

"Fred I'll be fine regardless, I don't need a bodyguard."

"And I don't need your dad murdering me if anything happens to you." You rolled your eyes at the boy but gave him a small smile.