73 - Sectumsempra

A/N: I am so sorry this took so long to get out, the uni wifi pulled a Cedric and just decided to die last night when I wanted to post so I became a Karen and went to complain and now it's back up. There's also a moment in this chapter where Fred and (y/n) dance again but this time I typed the lyrics of 'Just the two of us' because everyone was commenting that last time and yes I know the time period doesn't match up but just blame it on magic. Anyway enjoy my loves :)) <33

---

The weeks went by after Ron's accident and you were finding rather hard to keep a mandrake leaf in your mouth but that was finally over. Despite McGonagall asking why you weren't talking as much, you were able to hide it away from her but, you had a feeling she already knew what you were up to. You'd decided to follow in Sirius's footsteps and become an Animagus, something told you that you may need it sooner or later. 

You'd already placed your silver teaspoon of dew from a place that neither sunlight nor human feet have touched for a week and you'd put your wand over your heart whilst you waited for the storm and thankfully for you, the storm was here. You were standing outside in a small clearing in the Forbidden forest waiting for the lightning to strike. Looking down you could see the mouthful of blood in the vial which you were due to drink. Knowing there was no going back now, you bent down to retrieve the vial and began to speak.

"Amato Animo Animato Animagus" With your wand over your heart you drank the potion and said the spell. A sudden firey sensation shot through your body and you could suddenly feel two heartbeats. It was happening. 

Your Patronus was a lion probably because you were a Gryffindor but whilst doing your research you discovered that a wizards Patronus could be different from their Animagus, especially if you've been through a sudden change. Deep down you hoped that your Animagus form wouldn't be a lion because that would draw rather a lot of attention your way and if you needed your new form to spy or sneak out of somewhere it wouldn't be easy doing that as a lion. 

Staring to feel yourself growing smaller you knew the potion was working. You didn't get too small, not as small as a rat anyway but you were now no longer your human self. Looking down you could see white fur and upon closer inspection, four legs. Seeing that your wand was on the floor you picked it up with your mouth and started to trot out of the forest and back towards the castle. 

You reached one of the empty classrooms and looked into one of the old dusted mirrors. You were no longer a human but a white dog. You looked similar to Sirius, the same size and pointed ears but your eyes weren't grey like his, yours had stayed the same colour of your own eyes. Your fur wasn't as rough and shaggy as Sirius's had been, yours may have been as long as his but it fell neater against your body. As you continued to inspect your new form the sudden sound of footsteps pulled you out of your thoughts. Pushing the door open slightly with your nose you saw Draco Malfoy walking through the corridors. 

It was nearly midnight meaning Draco should be in the Slytherin common room at this time rather than roaming the halls of Hogwarts. Taking your chances, you hid your wand behind one of the bookshelves and began to follow him down the halls. Keeping your distance so he didn't catch on that a large white dog was following him you followed him to a large room. 

He was at the room of requirement. 

You hid behind a small wall which led to another corridor as he scanned his surroundings making sure he wasn't being followed. Seeing as he couldn't see you he bolted into the room but you were quick enough to sneak in with him. Draco made his way over to a large black cabinet of sorts. He traced the cabinet with his hand almost as if he was trying to remember even single last detail of it.