|Chapter 7|

Devilynn Faith's POV

After me and Remi went back down from the roof we split paths.

I headed down to the kitchen where the chess were preparing dinner.

Yes, the chefs are all females, same as the maids. Not one male lives here or works for us but we do have same name friends like Toni and his men who don't tolerate sexism as well. They don't usually do sex trafficking either, only the men we give them that are douche bags.

"Whatcha making?" I asked.

"Steak, corn, and mashed potatoes." They all answered in sync.

I nodded. "How much longer, so I know when to round up the girls?" I questioned.

"10 minutes or so."

"Okay."

I exited the kitchen and pulled out my phone going to our group chat.

Me: dinner will be done in approximately 10 minutes

Once I sent the text I headed to my office and sat at the desk.

I connected my computer to all the security camera around the town that still worked and watched each one carefully.

Nothing was going on at the moment, surprisingly but I stayed and watched for just in case.

A couple minutes later on one of the camera I spot familiar men walking out of an alley.

I zoom in and recognize them almost immediately.

"The Phoenix's." I mumbled.

The Phoenix's are the most powerful gang in the world.

Their leader, Matrix, is the most powerful, rich, feared man in the world. He owns multiple multimillionaire business, has taken over hundreds of gangs and has thousands of men scattered all of the world.

My door opened and in came Remi.

"Dinners done." She informed me.

"Remi come here." I said.

She walked over and I pointed to the men.

Her jaw dropped. "The Phoenix's" she said. "What are they doing here?"

I shrugged. "They must be here for something or someone."

The Phoenix's never come here, they usually stay in their area and rarely travel unless its for business, so they're here for something.

"Its probably nothing." I said.

I disconnected from the cameras and we headed down stairs for dinner.

~~~~

The next day*

I got out of bed and stretched before heading to my on suite bathroom.

I took a quick shower before getting dressed:

(ignore the book bag)

Once that was done I headed down where the rest of he girls where, already dressed and eating.

I sat next to Delilah and began to eat my plate of food.

"Anything planned for today boss?" Estrella asked.

I pulled out my phone and looked at the calendar and my eyes widened.

"The gala." I said.

There was coughing to be heard as every choked on their drinks or food.

We all forgot about the gala tonight at 8, basically its a gala for all our local gangs, this year is the first year we've been invited, they never invited us because they were being sexist and didn't want women there but I guess they had a change of heart.

"Wait. Where's Lisa?" I questioned.

Everyone shrugged.

I quickly finished my breakfast and then headed to the third floor and to Lisa's room.

I knocked.

Silence.

"Coming in." I said as I turned the knob and walked in.

Lisa was sleeping peacefully.

I went over and shook her lightly until she woke up.

"Breakfast is on the table." I said.

She yawned and then looked at the time before looking at me like I was crazy and I chuckled.

"Its 6 in the morning!" She exclaimed.

I nodded. "I'm aware."

"You people are crazy." She said as she got up.

"Not the first time we've heard that."

She laughed as we headed down stairs.

Everyone was already gone from the dinning room as we entered.

She sat in a spot and made herself a plate as she ate and I sat across from her.

"So today there's a gala, for all the local gangs, you're coming with us." I said.

She looked at me. "Okay. How long am I staying here exactly?" She questioned.

I shrugged. "Until you feel safe and we get you a safer place to live, unless you want to join the gang?" I said.

"I can join?" She questioned, surprised.

"Any female can join but you have to pass training, you're already really good at guns." I said.

She nodded. "I wanna be in the gang."

"You sure. There's a lot of gruesome shit." I said.

"You don't just kill to kill. You guys torture and kill women and females who do wrong and I admire that. I've always looked up to guys since I first heard about a girl gang whom are fighting for women rights and what not. I wanna be apart of that and I'll do anything to be apart of it." She said.

I smiled. "And your confidence is was above the charts."

She smiled. "Thanks."

I nodded. "Quickly eat please so you can shower and get ready, we have gala dress shopping to do."

~~~~~

We arrived at "La Robe Fabricante" which means "The Dress Maker" in French. The name seems basic but its a super expensive dress store with amazing dresses. We always came here and were great friends with the owner.

We walked in and the bell above the door dinged.

Nala turned towards us and smiled brightly.

"My favorite, beautiful women." She said with her french accent, as she walked over and gave us each a hug.

"I'm guessing your here because of the gala tonight?"

I nodded. "We would've came soon er but we got so busy and well forgot about the gala tonight."

"That's fine, I have some amazing dresses to show you all."

"Oh this is Lisa." I said pulling Lisa forward.

"Oh your are gorgeous." She said as she touched Lisa's hair.

"Are you a new member to the gang?"

"Not yet." Lisa answered.

"What?" The girls asked as they all had confused looks on their faces.

"We'll discuss it later." I said. "Nala can you show us the dresses?"

"Of course."

XxxParisBesties 🥰