|Chapter 35|

Devilynn Faith's POV

I went over to Matrix's closet as Lisa checked the bed and Remi checked his dresser.

Walking into his walk in closet I sighed. It was huge.

Looking up onto his shelves that were aligned on the walls with stacks of clothes on them, at the very top were a couple of boxes.

Looking around I found a little step stool, I dragged it over to the shelves.

I got onto it and reached up, grabbing one of the boxes and pulling it down.

Placing it onto the floor I opened it and began to look through it, finding absolutely nothing.

I out the box back up and pulled down a different box.

When I opened the box it was a box full of pictures.

A picture so familiar that was at the very top caught my eye.

Looking at it my eyes widened as I recognized it so quickly.

It was a picture of me and my fellow foster siblings along with our foster parents.

I was standing next to Riley, he was best friend back then at the foster home.

Now you may be wondering, and yes, my parents died. Or thats what they told me.

They said after my birth when my parents were finally taking me home we had gotten into a crash and I was the only survivor.

I never really believed it after the age of 13 but when I tried to find out if they were actually dead or alive I came up with nothing.

Not even Chachi could find anything about it.

My fingers ran over the photo.

Why does he have this picture?

Was he in the foster home? Or was he just stalking my entire life?

I put the photo back and closed up the box putting it back as well.

Taking down another box and setting it onto the floor, I began going through it.

Inside I found my two pistols my knives and a couple of my gangs weapons as well.

Why do they have these.

"Remi! Lisa!" I called.

They both came in and Remi gasped as she picked up her gun.

I shoved my weapons is my hoodie pockets as Remi put her gun into her pants.

"Why do they have our things?" Lisa asked.

I shrugged. "They burned the whole place down, maybe they saves some of our belongings to give to us as gifts when we obey them and shit." I answered.

I put the box back up and then we heard the ding of the elevator and Matrix's and one of his men's voices.

Remi ran to turn off the light as Lisa fixed up the room and I placed the stool back in its spot.

The two rushed into the closet and i closed the closet door and we hid behind his rack of suits.

We heard the door unlock and open, hearing the voices once more.

"I don't know who did it but you better figure out who or I swear to god I'll get a whole new gang." Matrix warned.

"Yes boss." The man said.

"I need to fix this mess with the Southerners now so leave."

The door closed and Matrix let out a loud groan.

"What could've happened with the Southerners?" Remi whispered.

I chuckled.

Remi gasped. "You did something? Didn't you?"

"Maybe." I said.

Lisa chuckled.

The closet opened and we all stayed silent.

From in between the suits we could clearly see Matrix as he turned on the light.

He walked over to one of his racks of clothes and pulled out a pair of plaid PJ pants.

Turning back around he stopped as he looked up at his boxes.

I looked up at them too and mentally cursed at myself as one of the boxes partially handing off.

He adjusted it and then turned off the light leaving the closet.

We stayed in there for a good hour or so until we peeked out to see him peacefully sleeping on his bed.

We closed the closet and snuck out his room.

We heard a noise coming from down the hall and we sprinted until we reached the stairs and saw some guards coming up.

We hid by the wall and they came up and went the other way.

Once they disappeared out of sight we rushed down the steps until we reached the main floor.

There were guards guarding the front door but they were looking at each other as they spoke.

We ducked down and quietly crawled on the floor against the wall away from the light from the moon that shined in through the windows.

We crawled until we were no linger in their sight of vision and got back up onto our two feet and sprinted to the basement.

We opened the door and closed it as we entered and quietly went down as we heard voices.

We slowly crept over to the room but the voices got closer.

Hiding by the wall, I peeks over and saw that the voices we heard were coming from some guards guarding the door to the room we are staying in.

"Shit." I heard Remi whisper.

We backed up.

"We need to distract them." I whispered.

"How?" Lisa asked.

I bit my lip in thought as we all scanned the basement.

My eyes landed on this huge piece of artwork on the wall.

It looked super expensive, be a shame if it broke.

I smirked as I walked over to it and knocked it off the wall, backing up as it fell to the floor and some of the glass shattered.

I ran back over to the wall where Lisa and Remi stayed crouched down.

The two guards ran past us and over to the art work.

The basement door swung open just as we got up and ran.

I unlocked the door and they ran in.

I locked it and closed it and ran to my bed.

I his my weapons in the very bottom of my bag and hopped into bed just as the door unlocked and opened.

The light from a a flash light I assume, was shined onto my face before moving away.

Once the door closed and heard the click of the lock I let out a breath of relief.

I heard the stifled laughter from Remi and Lisa and I joined in.

That was close. Way to close.

XxxParisBesties 🥰