|Chapter 58|

Devilynn Faith's POV

I stared at Matrix in shock.

He caught me red handed.

Matrix eyes traveled down from my face to the folder in his hand.

"You knew?" I asked.

He let out a sigh as he closed the door and stepped closer.

"No. Don't come any closer to me until you explain yourself." I said.

"Devilynn we have no time. We have people we need to train, a war to focus on, a little girl to get back."

"I'm aware but we can spare a little time for you to talk." I said.

He let out another sigh. "After we had gotten separated from one another I changed. I became angry and sad because you were the only person I had. I've been lied to my entire life even by those I called family, the foster home, even if we weren't close they still provided a roof, food, and care and I considered that my family."

"They told me my parents were dead but in all actual reality they weren't. The entire foster home was a lie. The foster home was working for a gang, we were kidnapped children that they were taking care of until we were old enough and mentally stable to work so they can sell us. That's what happened to me, but I got sold off to this gang, my fathers gang. He was saving children and buying them and he never knew I was his child until I arrived after he bought me."

"I told him all about you but he said he couldn't keep you here because we had no more room and they were running out of cargo, running out of money and couldn't afford to take care of everyone as it was. That's when we met the Southerners, they were a new gang back then with tons of money. They said they would give dad millions every year if he helped them get higher in the ranks."

"So my dad did that, but we still didn't have enough room for you, so dad just payed them to not harm or sell you and to keep you safe. We watched you and as you got older you started to see the real world and you became a fearless little girl so my dad said that it would be beat not to bring you in even though we had room because he knew that if you stayed it would shape you into a better person, and it did."

"Then when you and friends made the gang we could no longer watch over you and we lost you on the radar. My father retired and made me leader, that's when I changed my name to Matrix. I made it my first priority to find you and make sure to were safe. We found where your gang was settled at and we came into town."

I remember that. It was back at our mansion when we were looking at the cameras and saw the Phoenixes wondering why they were here. We knew they were here for something and all along it was me.

"As we were out we heard everything about you guys and how you were the most powerful female gang and when I heard your name, I was happy for you. That's why I said I looked up to you, my best friend came from nothing to something with hard work and dedication as I just got it handed to me by my father."

"Then I heard that the Snakes were out to kill you, that's why I sent you the box with the dress and the note because they knew that if you were in black with us they couldn't touch you, that's why Collin never laid a finger on you at the gala."

It was all starting to make sense now.

"I never wanted to reveal myself to you because I wanted to wait until I found your parents and I was gonna surprise you with me and them but you never wanted to combine gangs, never recognized me. I heard the Snakes were coming planning to come and kill all of you and I went rampage. So I forced you guys to come with and burned down the house so they would see that I have you guys kidnapped and burnt everything because you wouldn't combine gangs which wasn't the reason but they found out ands that's another reason added to their list of why to kill us." He said.

"So all of this.... Was to protect me?" I asked.

He nodded. "But I fucked up. You and Rose really wanted to go out and I couldn't say no and I wished I did."

"Matrix its not your fault."

"The reason why I went off it because Collin has been stalking us and he got videos and pictures of Remi with Ainsley and he said that Ainsley was next. So I need you to stop her from going in." He said.

"I can't tell her why, it'll make her paranoid and want to go see and check up on Ainsley." I said.

"And Ainsley is gonna want to come out." He said.

"Whose her caretaker?" I asked.

"Zoe." He said.

"How come Zoe has been allowing Ainsley out of her watch?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know but she better start doing her job." He said.

"No, Matrix. Listen. How did Collin get picture of Remi and Ainsley outside that day when he was watching and chasing after me and Rose. How did Collin know that me and Rose were going out?" I said.

His eyes widened as he caught on. "She works for him." He said.

When he said that I saw something red flash from behind him.

I looked over at the vase and saw the red light flash once more.

"She knows we know." I said.

He looked back. "Bug."

We rushed out the room and down the steps.

As well reached the bottom floor I screamed as I ran into Tommy and we both fell to the floor.

Matrix kept going.

"What the fuck is going on?!" Tommy yelled as he got up and helped me up.

I pushed him away and ran.

Running into the mini mansion, I stopped right next to Matrix, both of us looking around with our jaws dropped.

"Oh my god." Tommy said.

XxxParisBesties 🥰