| Chapter 67|

Remi Mae's POV

Staring up at the blank concrete ceiling I sighed.

Everyone had went to bed a while ago but for some reason my brain was overly active tonight.

Looking over the railing of the bunk beds I looked down to see Brielle sleeping peacefully with her mouth hung open wide.

Chuckling lightly I crawled to the end of the bed where the ladder was.

Walking through the room pass the lines of bunk beds I passed Devilynn and Matrix's bunk bed that they shared.

I started smiling for a few seconds at how cute they would look as a couple.

Climbing down the later I carefully shuffled out of the room.

After hearing everything that Devilynn had told me it all made sense.

The pictures of her in his office.

The protectiveness over her.

The way he looked at her from a distant.

It all finally made sense.

Walking past the room I walked over to the doors of the bunker pushing them open.

Carefully I closed the behind me once I climbed out.

Turning around I took a deep breath of the fresh air.

Sitting on the ground I pulled my knees up to my chest turning my head towards the sky.

Flashback

I was running behind Tommy as we chased after the lightning bugs that fluttered around my back yard.

As we were running Tommy tripped in front of me causing me to topple down on top of him.

We both busted out into a laugh as I rolled off of him looking up into the dark sky where all the starts glistened.

" I love the stars. There so magically." I said.

Tommy shook his head in agreement.

" They are. One day I'm going to buy you a star."

I looked over to Tommy.

" You can't do that."

He nodded.

" Yes I can. When I become older and have more money I'm going to buy you whatever you want."

I giggled.

" You're silly Tommy."

" I'm not silly. I'm telling the truth." His 10 year old voice squeaked.

I looked over to him with a bright smile.

I'll hold you too that.

End of flashback back

I chuckled looking back down at the ground.

" What are you laughing at?" A voice boomed from behind me.

I jumped cranking my head around.

Charlie walked out holding his hands up.

" I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

I smiled shaking my head.