|Chapter 57|

Remi Mae's POV

After the whole ordeal with Matrix's outburst everyone went to sit in the living room while I went sit on the front steps to get some fresh air.

Leaning my head back to look at the dark sky I took a deep breath.

In the past week and a half so much shit has happened that it's hard to keep track of.

First we were attacked by the Phoenixes, who forced us to come live in his mansion and serve by their rules.

Not only that but he also burned down the mansion.

That place we called our home for the past couple of years and they took it away.

Next, the Snakes declared war on us, not only them but my dad's gang too.

Now we have a kidnapped little girl who could at any moment be sold or even worse.

Honestly never thought I could or would say this but it's moment like this that I wish I was just a normal 18 year old.

One that went to parties, went out with friends, and a boyfriend, drank, smoked, all the things you called normal.

One that wasn't in a gang.

Because right now I wasn't sure that we were going to get think little girl back.

I wasn't sure we were going to win the war.

I mean we had the help of many other gangs, but you never know in this business.

And of course I had hope. But my hope only ran so far.

As I was sitting here I heard the door open, then close right back.

Turning my head I seen Charlie standing there looking down at me with a smile.

" You okay kid?"

I shook my head.

" Yeah. I'm good."

He came over next to me sitting down.

" You did good in there with the sutures and the IV."

I smiled.

" Thanks."

" Of course."

We sat there for a couple of seconds looking into the darkness ahead.

" So I forgot to ask but how did you get trained in the medical field?" I asked.

" Med school."

" Wait, Really?" I questioned slightly shocked.

" Yeah. Only for a couple of years before I dropped out. But it was enough to learn everything I need to know for the most part. Then what I didn't know I just found way to study it myself."

I nodded.

" You ever think about med school? You seem to have a real interest in it."

I shrugged.

" I mean a girl in a gang doesn't look good on a college application."

He chuckled.

" I don't think you would have to put that on there."

" But I'd probably have to but my four different visits to juvie on there."

He nodded.

" Fair point. But you know if you ever consisted getting out of this life and making something of yourself, I have some friends that owe me some favors and they could definitely help with that ."

I nodded.

"Thanks, But I think I'm good for right now."

" Alright. Well if you ever change your mind I'm alway here."

He said standing up and walking back inside.

I sat outside for a couple of more minutes before standing up and making my way inside myself.

Closing and locking the door behind me, I walked into the kitchen.

Walking to the refrigerator I opened it up grabbing out a bottle of water.

Twisting open the cap I leaned my head back taking a huge gulp of water.

I had not really had anything to drink all day beside the small amount of water I drank at dinner, but other than that I felt pretty dehydrated.

After downing the whole bottle of water, I scrunched it up placing it in the garbage can.

Rebekah walked into the kitchen.

" Devilynn's up. There's a meeting in the meeting room."She said.

I shook my head, walking out of the kitchen towards.

Following her down the stairs, and into the meeting room we walked in to where everyone else was standing.

I walked over to Devilynn giving her a small smile.

" How are you feeling?"

" Ehh I've been better. But right now I'm not focused on that. I'm more focused on finding Rose."

I nodded.

" Where Matrix?" Lisa asked.

" He has a call." Alex answered.

Moments later Matrix walked in looking frustrated.

" God fucking damnit." He yelled.

We all jumped at his sudden outburst.

" You." He yelled pointing at me. " Stay our of the fucking mini mansion! You shouldn't be in there! You shouldn't interacting with any of those kids! You aren't a fucking caretaker! Stay the fuck out! The kids aren't allowed in the mansion! They stay in there! You work medical field and I'm about rip it away from you! No one gets out of their posts early! You work and when your done you fucking train! No break! No hanging with the damn kids! No more going out with the kids! Everyone stays here in their designated homes and their designated post! Do I make myself crystal mother fucking clear!" He yelled

I shook my head.

" Y-yes." I stuttered from shock.

" DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!?" He yelled louder.

" Yes!" We all shouted.

He said a couple of other things before walking out leaving us there.

I shook my head, walking out of the room in disbelief.

I understand that he was trying to keep the kids safe, but shouting because instead of me sitting in a space for 8 hours of my day I went out a played with a little girl who really needed the cheering up for a couple of hours had nothing to do with everything that was going on.

I wasn't the one who let two people outside of the gates knowing we had people after us.

That was all him.

And it seems like he was trying to deflect that on everyone else beside himself.

Walking into the bedroom, I slammed the door walking straight to the bathroom.

Turning on the cold water I filled my palms up with it, splashing it in my face.

Wiping my face from the water, I turned it off bracing myself against the sink.

I really was trying to play nice, and not let the old me come into play.

But being near a guy like Matrix who is so bipolar really made me want to flip my lid.

XOXO ParisBesties