|Chapter 50|

Devilynn Faith's POV

The next day after training I quickly showered and changed into jeans and a nice top.

I had convinced Matrix to let me and Rose go out for lunch but he said we had to have two guards watching us.

Yesterday after our talk he had offered to pay highly skilled home builders to immediately begin on the job.

They started building the house yesterday afternoon after making a sketch and they already have all the foundation and, wall post, walls and much more in.

I was super excited, mainly because he's letting Rose stay in the mansion as well and I can't wait to tell her.

I brushed my hair and threw it up into a pony tail before putting on some deodorant.

Walking out the empty room, since everyone else was already at their post, I headed to the mini mansion, looking over at the construction going on as they built up our home.

Smiling, I entered the mini mansion to be greeted by Rose who hugged me tightly.

"How come you aren't in your outfit?" She asked, confused.

"What you don't like it?" I asked, looking down at mt outfit.

"No I love it but..." She said.

I chuckled. "Its okay Rose, I know what you mean, but me and you are going out today." I said.

"Really?!" She exclaimed.

I nodded. "Yeah so why don't we go get you ready?"

"Okay."

I grabbed her little hand in nine and we walked up to her room.

I'll tell her about the other surprise over lunch.

Walking over to her dresser, I pulled out this super cute baby blue knee length dress.

I grabbed her a new pair of undies and her white sandals that had a blue, glittery butterfly and blue gems all over it.

I helped her change before brushing her hair and putting it in two French braids which is her favorite hairstyle, and if you haven't noticed, blue is her favorite color.

"You look so pretty." I said as she looked in tbe mirror.

"Thanks." She said, smiling.

I looked at the clock in the shape of a moon that sat on her dresser and it read 12:05.

"Come on, I'm sure the limo is waiting for us outside." I said.

"Wait. I have to pee first." She said.

I nodded. "I'll wait for you down stairs."

Leaving the bathroom, I headed downstairs and spotted Annalise. I had something super important i wanted to ask her.

"Annalise." I called.

She turned towards me.

"Yes?"

"Whose Poppy?" I asked.

Her eyes widened as she looked at me.

"H- how do you know her?" She asked.

"I don't but yesterday Rose told me that Lola was Poppy's daughter but after Poppy went bye bye, as in died, she has become the second mother." I explained.

Annalise sighed. "The reason why Rose is always so shy and quiet is because of Poppy. Her and Poppy were best friends, they've known one another since birth because their parents worked together with Matrix. But they were using Matrix for money. They hacked everything and stole from us and much more."

"Matrix killed them and took Poppy and Rose in, they were only a couple months old at the time. As they grew up we noticed that Poppy was a lot smaller then Rose and other kids that were younger then her. We didn't think to much about it."

"When Poppy was 4 she would cry a lot and point at her heart and would say it hurts, her breathing would always be irregular and she never ate properly. We would get her checked up but nothing was there, nothing was wrong. One day all of us were up and ready to go and take the kids to the park we counted heads and realized we were missing Poppy. Rose said that she was still sleeping and that'd she fo wake her up."

"We waited five minutes before she came back down and said that Poppy would not wake up. I went up stairs and Poppy laid in her bed. I began to shake her and call her name but she never moved, her eyes never twitched. I called in Matrix and Matrix called in Collin."

"We found out that she had a Heart Defect. Symptoms of heart defect are heart murmurs, heart arrhythmia, feeding and growth problems, problems with breathing... All these symptoms, all these test and not once did we think to send her to a specialized doctor."

"She died in her sleep. They said she was having trouble breathing and she couldn't control it, her heart kept beating super fast and would skip a couple beats until it just stopped, her breathing just stopped and during the whole time she couldn't open her eyes, she couldn't move, couldn't call for help."

"She was only 4, Rose was only 4. After that Rose always asked where Poppy was and when she was coming back. When we told her Poppy couldn't come back, she shut herself out. Never spoke, never smiled, never laughed."

"But the first day, your first day you made her smile, she deserves you Devilynn. Please keep our Rose happy, and safe." She said, wiping away tears that escaped.

I nodded as I hugged her. "I will. I promise."

"Devilynn." Rose said.

Turning, I saw Rose.

She looked at Annalise.

"Why are you crying?" She asked.

"I'm crying from laughing so hard, Devilynn is too funny!" She exclaimed, adding a little fake laugh at the end.

"Yeah. She's the best." Rose said as she hugged my legs, smiling up at me.

"So are you little one." I said.

Annalise smiled at us and I smiled sadly at her.

"Come on Devilynn. The limo is waiting!" She exclaimed as she grabbed my hand and we headed out.

Stepping into the limo, the two guards that were watching over us were in there. Alexander and some other guard I didn't know the name of were in there.

They smiled at us and we smiled back, Rose scooting closer to me and I held her tightly as the Limo pulled away from the mansion.

This is actually the first time I've been out, like out out in days.

As we sat in the limo I thought about what Annalise told me.

"Your first day you made her smile, she deserves you Devilynn. Please keep our Rose happy, and safe."

I promised Annalise I will.

And I promise to Rose that I'll always be there for her and keep her safe. Always.

XxxParisBesties 🥰