|Chapter 45|

Remi Mae's POV

Almost everyone besides the cooks, and waiters got off early since they have that dinner tonight. 

After talking to Devilynn for a couple of seconds I walked down to the basement to see little old Charlie waiting by the door.

I sighed.

" Charlie I already told you like 5 times I'm fine." I called from the end of the hallway. 

For some reason Charlie was like a fly, always where I was making sure that I was doing okay. 

He rolled his eyes, meeting me halfway. 

" I know you fine. Mostly because I've been watching you most of the day. But that's not the reason I came to talk to you."

" Okay?"

" I came to talk to you because Matrix has that dinner meeting with the Southerners, so he'll be pretty distracted. So I was wanting to know if you were wanting to do some medical training with me?"

That's what Devilynn must be doing. 

I widened my eyes. 

" Really? But like won't you get in trouble?"

He shrugged. 

" I might, I may not. But I really see potential in you and I know Matrix does too. He's just too hardheaded."

I laughed.

" Maybe your just too softheaded."

Definitely wasn't a word.

He raised an eyebrow. 

" That's not a word."

" Yeah, no."

He chuckled. 

" What I was trying to say is that you're very trusting towards someone you just met not too long ago."

He shrugged again.

" I may be, but I don't believe in keeping grudges. That's why I haven't tried to kill your friend Devilynn. That and she'd probably break my old man back."

I shook my head.

" Oh no, she wouldn't just break your back. She would break much more."

He nodded. 

" Anyway, are you feeling up to it?" 

" Yeah, definitely."

" Okay, well go get cleaned up and I'll meet you back here in 30?"

I smiled. 

I watched as he walked down the basement hall. 

Walking into the room, I seen some of the girls sitting around in a tiny group talking and laughing quietly. 

I walked over to them.

" Hey boss." Payton said. 

I raised an eyebrow. 

" You do realize technically I'm not your boss anymore."

They all chuckled. 

" Yeah, but it's kind of ingrained into out heads."

I nodded. 

" Anyway, I'm going to shower."

Walking into the bathroom, I stripped out of my uniform and walked under one of the shower heads.