|Chapter 8|

Remi Mae's POV

Devilynn and I were sitting on the roof top looking out at the view.

She passed me the blunt that she held in between her fingers. 

Holding it in between my fingers, I brought it up to my mouth taking a big puff allowing the smoke to fill my lungs, relaxing my body. 

" Do you really think we're making a difference?" I asked passing the blunt back to her.

She took a puff, shaking her head. 

" Yeah, I do. Why?"

I shrugged my shoulder's. 

" It's just we may be considered the most 'feared' gang, but you have to think, are we really that feared? We still have so groups of men that like to use the women of the town."

She took another hit, passing it back to me. 

" Remi, change takes time. We aren't going to change everything in the world at once. So if we start with half the population of the men in this town, then I'll take it. There's always going to be those men that will take advantage of the women, but all we can do is prevent what we can."

I took a hit, holding the smoke in for a little longer. 

" Yeah, I guess." I breathed out. 

I held out my hand for her to take it again, but she shook her head. 

" I'm going to go in and check on the girls. You finish."

I shook my head, taking another puff. 

She stoop up off of the roof, walking towards the window that we climbed out of. 

After she closed the window I turned back. 

Whenever I sat down and smoked, it normally led to me overthinking on a lot of things. 

Even if I knew things were going good, and we were doing good right now, I always found something to overthink about. 

Whether it was about the transportation of the cargo, the money, or even protecting the streets. I loved smoking because it helped destress me, but then at the same time it causes stress too. 

I don't know. It's weird. 

Finishing the blunt, I flicked it off of the roof standing up and dusting my self off.

Walking over to the window, I opened it stepping through it then shutting it back. 

Once I was out of the room the window was in, I walked down the hallway to my office. 

Closing the door behind me, I sat down in my chair turning on my computer. 

Instantly, I pulled up my emails. 

Dear Remi, 

Hey babygirl. How are you doing? I hope everything is well on your side of town. Things here have been a little rocky. Your dad has been being a little more controlling with me, but good thing he has the gang to preoccupy him so he's not around too much. I hope Devilynn is doing good. Just remember, your father may think of you as a rival, but I will always think of you as my babygirl. See you soon darling. 

                                              Love, Mom. 

I smiled at the email.

Email was the only way that I could actually talk to my mother. 

After I left on my own, and helped Devilynn with our gang he cut off all ties with me. And he did the same for my mother.