| Chapter 18 |

Remi Mae's POV

My punishment was finally over, and I was currently laid up in my bathroom floor trying to recover. 

The amount of pain I was in was surreal. 

And normal I could handle my pain. 

Pulling my self up off of the floor, I took slow labored breath's. 

Stabilizing myself against the sink, I slowly took off my sweat drenched clothes tossing them to the side. 

Walking over to the shower, I turned on the hot water. 

Giving it time to heat up, I walked over to my medicine cabinet. 

Opening it I grabbed out Hydrocodone, which if you didn't know was a pain medication. 

A highly addictive one if you over used it. 

But I knew self control, well with most things I did. 

Twisting the cap off I took out one pill in my hand popping it into my mouth. Leaning my head back, I swallowed the pill. 

Putting the cap back on, I placed it back into the cabinet closing the door. 

Walking back over to my shower, I carefully stepped in. 

Letting the water run over my body, I sighed as it reached my severely bruised side. 

After quickly showering I stepped out wrapping my towel around my body. 

The medication had finally start to kick in, so I was in less pain. 

Walking into my bedroom I walked over to my dresser picking out a matching set of white undergarments. 

After sliding them up my semi dry body, I threw my towel to the side walking over to my closet. 

Rummaging through my closet for a few I decided to just throw on a bigger shirt to relax in. 

Sliding the shirt over my head, I walked out of the closet closing the doors behind me. 

Grabbing my phone off the side table, I walked out of my room and to the elevator. 

As the elevator descended my phone buzzed in my hand. 

Flipping it over, I read the message that came across my screen. 

Unknown: I need your help.

My face scrunched up in confusion.

Me: Who is this?

Unknown: That's not important right now. Meet me at St. Luis pier at 3:30. 

Me: Not until you tell me who the hell you are. 

Unknown: Remi, please. 

What in the hell?

Me: Fine. But this better not be a trick, or I'll end whoever you are. 

Unknown: It's not I promise.

I looked at the message for a couple of seconds longer. 

The elevator doors slid open. 

With the phone still in my hand, I walked out. 

I don't know what is was but something deep down was telling me I needed to go, even though I could be risking my life. 

Shaking my head, I turned my phone off walking into the kitchen where an amazing aroma came from.