|Chapter 49|

Remi Mae's POV

After practicing suturing for a little while, Charlie decided to take me along with him on his monthly visit to some of the kids that were in the mini mansion in the back of the house.

" So that boy, what's his name?" Charlie asked as we walked up the stairs.

" Tommy?"

He shook his head.

" Yeah, him. How do you know him."

" Well he was my bestfriend, growing up, along with my boyfriend."

" Oh."

" Yeah."

" Did Devilynn, and you two all grow up together?"

I shook my head.

" No. I met Devilynn when I was 13 and she was 14."

" How'd yall meet?"

He opened of the back door to the Mansion allowing me out first.

" Um it's not that interesting story. I had just gotten out of Juvie for the second time, and she was new to my school. The first time we talked it was just uphill from there."

He widened his eyes.

" Juvie huh?"

" Yep. Four times."

" Wow!" He exclaimed.

" What's the story there."

I sighed.

" Well the first time I stabbed my dad when he was beating on me. Nothing bad, but he knows people within the legal system so that's how he got them to sentence me. The second time I held a gun to my dad's head while he was beating my mom. He didn't like that too much then got me sent back."

" What about the rest?"

" I tried to kill myself, and instead of my father sending me to a mental hospital he sent me to juvie. Claimed it would straighten me out better."

" I'm sorry you had to go through that."

I shrugged.

" I'm used to it. Or I was. Honestly being sent to Juvie was like a mini vacation. Nobody beating on me, no body touching on me. I was actually able to sleep with both eyes closed."

Finally after the distanced walked we arrived at the mini mansion.

Walking in we walked into the kitchen where some of the caretakers were.

" Hey Charlie." One of the ladies smiled.

" Hey May." Charlie smiled.

I laughed quietly to myself.

That rhymed.

" Get the kids lined up?" Charlie questioned.

" Yes sir. Same place?"

" Yep."

Charlie picked up his bag off the counter walking out of the kitchen.

Following him, we walked to the room that looked like a little office/ study place.

Walking, I closed the door behind me looking around.

I smiled as I noticed the pictures of all the little kids that lined the walls.

" Cute, aren't they?"

I nodded.

" Definitely."