| Chapter 36 |

Remi Mae's POV

" Egotistical? Hardly."

I chuckled sarcastically.

" You are the most egotistical I've every met Matrix."

He raised an eyebrow.

" I thought that would've been your dad."

I shook my head.

" No, my dad wasn't egotistical. He was just plan old evil."

" That's funny, that's how he described you. He told me of he time you stabbed him because he was trying to give you pointers. Or the time you tried to shoot him in his sleep."

I rolled my eyes.

"If you believe that then your more ignorant than I thought."

" Than tell me about it. I would like to get to know the people I have in my gang."

" You see I would bore you with my life stories, but I know you already know everything that has happened to me. And if you don't then you'll find a way too. So I'm going to get back to the job you gave me."

I walked past him, pushing my shoulders against his.

I heard him whisper words to a couple of his men, but I couldn't make out what the words were.

Arriving back at the dining room, I opened the doors to see the girls already cleaning up.

Jazmine set back down the plate she had just picked up, walking over to me.

" Is everything okay?" She asked.

I shook my head.

" Yeah. Just one of the kids had an allergic reaction to a bee sting."

She scrunched her face.

" Ooo."

I looked back at the table.

My untouched plate was already up and off of the table.

Jazmine looked back to where I was looking.

" I can make you something else, or you can grab a snack if you wanted to eat. " She suggested.

I shook my head 'no'.

" It's fine. I wasn't that hungry anyway."

She raised an eyebrow.

" You sure? You've barely ate anything since you've been here."

" Yeah. I'm good."

She shrugged.

" Alright, well we have it covered here if you want to get started on your floor since you have a lot more to do."

I smiled appreciatively.

Grabbing my basket off of the floor I walked back out of the dining room, and the stairs.

Reaching the top of the stairs I held on to the railing as my head started to spin.

Closing my eyes, I took slow labored breaths.

Soon enough the room was back to standing still and I was able to get cleaning.

~~~

Sighing happily, I walked down the basement hallway towards our door.

The day was finally over.

Well the hard part.

Before I reached the room, Charlie had walked out of the room he had been staying while he had been recovering.