|Chapter 66|

Devilynn Faith's POV

It was sometime later, I was in one of the many rooms that had lines of bunk beds for people to sleep on.

I laying on the top bunk of one of the beds as Matrix laid below me on the bottom bunk.

"Have you ever wondered what your life would be like, outside of the gang?" I asked.

"Not really." He answered.

"How come?"

"Because I don't care about what my life would've been like. I'm waisting time in my current life I'm living thinking about how life could be differently." He said.

"True, but I like to imagine how life would be if I never joined a gang, or if I was with my parents." I said.

"If you were with your parents I doubt you would've ever met me." He said. "Were best friends."

"Well we WERE best friends, now we have to rekindle the relationship." I said.

"What kind of relationship?" He asked.

"What do you mean what kind? The best friend relationship, duh." I said.

Silence.

I sat up and then leaned over the side of the bed, looking down at Matrix.

He laid on his back, his arms crossed over his chest, his eyes closed as his chest rose and fall with every breath he took.

"Matrix." I said.

"Hmm?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"What do you mean what do I mean?" He asked.

"You don't want to be best friends again?" I asked.

"Of course I do." He said.

"Then why'd you see that?" I asked.

He sat up and came closer, inches from my face and I held my breath at the close proximity. 

"Best friends and more." He said, his warm breath fanning my face.

I breathed deeply through my Bose as my eyes searches his.

"Why?" I asked.

"Why not?" He said, reaching his hand over, caressing my cheek.

"Why would you want me? Out of all the girls in the world... Why would you choose me?" I asked.

"You're the only girl who hasn't used me for anything. I'm rich and everyone knows who I am and the girls come crawling at my feet for the fame, the money, the image. You don't care what anyone thinks of you and you don't put up with anyone's bullshit but mine no matter how badly I treated you guys even if it was just to help you. You push my buttons all the damn time and even if I may seem agitated I'm really not, I enjoy your presence."

"There's just this uniqueness that I see in you and you always seem to attract me closer even if you don't realize it." He said.

"Are you saying that you love me?" I asked.

"Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying." He said.

"Well you shouldn't. I'm dangerous, I'm toxic. Put the two together and that makes me Dangerously Toxic." I said.

"Then why'd you kiss me back?"

I opened my mouth to speak but the door swung open and I leaned back up onto top bunk, looking over to see a panicked Remi.