|Chapter 13|

Devilynn Faith's POV

Matrix look my way for a second before looking all around the crowd as he spoke.

"Today is a special night as we have a gang in whose never been to the gala before, here with us tonight. I would like everyone to meet the Lilliths if you haven't already, and their leader, great friend of mine actually, Devilynn Faith." He said.

I raised a brow.

Great friends?

I've never even seen in him face to face, never called or anything, all he did was send me a dress and a letter with some money.

"Devilynn, would you please be so kind as to join me on stage?" He asked, looking directly at me.

I put on a fake smile as I made my way over to the steps.

He walked over and handed me his hand and I took it and he held me up the stairs.

"Such a gentleman." I heard a girl say in the crowd.

I rolled my eyes.

He's probably only doing it for the attention, if we weren't in front of thousands of people I doubt he'd be a "gentleman."

He turned me to face the crowd and smiled bigger and waved.

"This here is a face of revolution don't you think? I mean coming from nothing to something, creating a women empire, making millions. You are truly something Devilynn." He said.

"Thank you, so are you, Matrix." I said.

"Can we please make some noise for this strong woman before me?" He said.

The crowd cheered and clapped and began to chant my name.

They aren't doing it for me, they're doing it because Matrix is basically a god, they worship him in some way, shape of form and respect him and always do as he's told.

Once the crowd calmed down I awkwardly stood there on stage as Matrix talked.

"Thank you everyone for coming and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your night." He said.

They cheered once more before going back to what they were doing as me and Matrix headed down the steps.

I followed him out the ball room and into the hall. We walked until we reached a room on the other side of the building.

"So, 'M', what are we here to discuss?" I said as I walked around the room as he stood, grounded in place by the front door as he fixed his tie.

"Devilynn we have important matters to discuss." He said.

"Like what?"

"First off, there is someone after us, and when I mean someone i mean half the gangs here." He began.

I looked over at him. "What gangs?"

"The Snakes started it all. Something about how you killed their people and took their leader and apparently I've owed them millions of dollars for 4 years."

"Do you?"

He shook his head. "No, but apparently they have "proof" of it."

"So what am I doing here? You have thousands of strong, intelligent men and you could easily kill them off."

"The Snakes have made an alliance with the Night Riders, and the Southerners. They all want to take us down. They don't think you women are the right fit for a gang and they say I've been in power for way too long. They want to take our spots, knock us off the face of the Earth. Taking everything we have worked hard for."

"Now I would just use my.... Thousands of men.... And kill them, but this is also your fight, your battle. But I also just don't want to be allies. I want to combine our gangs and become even stronger. Our two gangs together will be unstoppable, and feared by all. We also of the Rangers as allies who are helping us fight this battle." He said.

"Fighting gangs, no biggie, but I'm not so sure I want to combine our gangs." I said.

"And why is that?"

"Like you said, we've worked hard for this, I want me and my gang to get to the top on our own merit, not by combining gangs with the Phoenix's." I said.

"You'd be co-leader."

I chuckled. "I'm a leader so why would I want to down grade?"

He stepped closer. "I'm giving you the chance of a lifetime, a chance to build a bigger empire."

"By taking what's mine? I struggled to make a gang and be leader, and be the second most powerful gang. You got it easily because you're a man and your supposed to be strong as everyone sees me as a weak object. I'm not losing my position as leader." I said through gritted teeth.

I began to walk towards the door and as I reached it he spoke up.

"You're making a big mistake." He said.

"No. I'm not." I said as I opened the door and began to walk out.

"How about I help you find out who murdered your family." He said.

I stopped on my tracks and looked him in the eyes.

"How would you do that? I've been trying to find out for years and keep up with absolutely nothing but the gun I found lying next to me families bodies, not one fingerprint on it or anything in our home." I said.

"I have ways." He said.

"I thought I did too, you're not all that ya know? You think you'll help me solve it when you won't." I said as I choked back tears.

I haven't cried in years and I don't plan on crying anytime soon.

"I'll say yes to combining gangs and you'd offer to help and we'd come up with nothing and won't give me back my gang, that's how its gonna work. I end up wondering who killed my family, and losing my second family, my gang, to you." I spat.

And with that I walked out and headed out the entire building, into the outdoors as I sat on the steps.

"Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry." I repeated yo myself over and over until the tears that were threatening to poor out finally disappeared.

I got up and turned around, coming face to face with Collin, the Snakes Leader.

"How'd you get out?"

XxxParisBesties 🥰