| Chapter 22 |

Remi Mae's POV

Pulling up our long mansion driveway, I pulled into our garage, revving the engine. 

Cutting the engine, I pulled the keys out of the ignition hopping off the bike. Setting my helmet down, I walked towards the door. 

Before I made it all the way there Brielle opened it stepping out on the steps and shutting the door behind her. 

She stood on the top steps looking down at me with her arms crossed over her chest. 

She looked kinda sad, or discouraged one of those.

I raised an eyebrow. 

" What's up?"

" I need to ask you something."

I nodded. " Okay?"

" Why exactly am I on this team?"

" Excuse me?" I questioned slightly confused. 

" Why exactly am I in this gang? When I came in here I was a timid little girl, not capable of killing a fly. I barely am able to fight in the field, so I'm slightly confused here."

I sighed. 

" Sit down kid."

She stepped down off of the third step, and on to the second as I stepped up to the second step. 

Turning around I sat down next to her.

" What's going on?"

She shrugged. " I don't know. I guess I'm really just doubting myself lately. I look around at all the girls and see how amazing they are. How amazing Devilynn and you are, and I just don't see how I'll ever live up to that."

I laughed shaking my head. 

" Brielle, every girl here is here for different reasons. Not everyone is expected to be able to fight the same, or kill the same way. That would just make for a boring team."

" I know, but I literally have no use."

" Did we ever tell you why exactly we let you on?"

She shook her head. 

" Because Devilynn and I both seen some of ourselves in you. You're a determined, strong minded, and intellectually powerful. Any time you've gone on mission, or training in the ring you've always been able to outsmart any person you went against."

" Except Devilynn, because really who can ever do that." I added.

We both laughed. 

" But even me, you've managed to outsmart me. So yes, you not amazing in everything, but there are still a lot of things you are amazing."

She smiled. " Thanks."

I shook my head. " How about tomorrow after training, I show you some more moves that you can use, and give you some advice to help you get you out of that head of yours."

She shook her head. 

" Okay, yeah."

I nodded. " Okay. Now, do you happen to know where Devilynn is?"

" In her room I think."

" Thanks." I smiled. 

I stood up off of the steps brushing off my pants as I walked inside leaving Brielle on the steps.