|Chapter 10|

Remi Mae's POV

I was speeding down the streets, weaving in and out of the cars that lined them.

I didn't really know how long I'd been riding, nor did I really care. 

Whenever I rode my bike, I just let everything slip my mind, and I mean everything.

Looking over, I seen my destination on the left of me. 

Quickly, I swerved in front of the car in the lane next to me earning a honk. 

Ignoring what the driver yelled at me as I turned, I sped through the parking lot of a run down park. 

Parking my bike, I got off placing the helmet on the back of it.

Stepping up on the sidewalk, I looked around. 

My heart stopped as I seen a short petite lady with long brown hair, and ocean blue eyes, playing with a little girl who looked exactly like her carbon copy. 

It was my mom playing with my little sister. 

I walked through the grassed area, trying to keep myself hidden behind the trees. 

As I got closer a smile made it's way on my face, as I heard the little girl and my mom squealing with joy. 

Normal I would never do this. 

Especially knowing my dad would be around, but today was different. 

I needed to see them. 

Plus my dad was already in town getting ready for the gala, so he wasn't apart of the issue. It was trying to make sure I wasn't seen my any of his friends that he normally liked to keep around them. 

I watched closely as my little sister ran, with her pigtails pouncing to the flow of the wind. 

Brynnlynn Jane.

Nobody really knows about her, besides Devilynn really. 

And that's how I liked to keep it. 

Less of a danger to her. 

She was only 5 when I left and started running with the gang. 

So she would be about 7 now. 

It broke my heart having to leave her with a man like my dad, because I knew the shit he would put her through. 

The same shit he put me through. 

And that's not the life I wanted for my little sister. 

But my dad pushed me away from all of them, so I doubt she even really remember me. 

Plus, because I'm considered my dad's 'rival' they aren't allowed to keep any picture's of me in the house. 

My mom would try to keep some hidden, but my dad would always find them, and he would beat the living shit out of her for it. 

As I was hiding behind the tree Brynnlynn's eyes caught mine. 

" Momma, who's that girl?" She asked my mom pointing over to me. 

My mom turned around, her eyes widening as she seen me. 

She looked around, turning back to Brynnlynn. 

" Don't go nowhere, got it?"

Brynn shook her head. " Yes ma'am."

My mom rushed over to me, pulling me further behind the tree.