|Chapter 40|

Remi Mae's POV

" Charli, please. I'm fine." I said moving out of his touch.

He sighed putting his tiny flashlight back in his pocket.

I don't remember much from passing out, but I guess someone found me, called Charli. Then Charli carried me down to the same room he was in.

" Remi, you passed out. Not only that but you hit your head. I need to perform a proper checkup."

I shook my head.

" I'm fine. Just got a little dizzy."

" Just a little dizzy? Remi your heart was racing against my chest when I carried you down here. And you were sweating like you had just been sitting in a sauna."

I shrugged.

" I don't know Charli, but what I do know is I feel fine now."

He grabbed a clipboard off of the table.

" Have you been eating enough? Drinking enough?"

" Yes." I lied.

" Remi do not lie to me. I don't want to be like these other guys but I sure the hell can."

I rolled my eyes.

" No. I haven't had an appetite. Being in a dark hole like this one really make a girl depressed." I joked.

He raised an eyebrow.

" Okay. Well your dehydrated, which explains alot, but what it doesn't explain is the racing heart. Mind telling me what happened when you walked into the room?"

" Um I walked in, turned on the light then pasted out." I smiled.

He looked at me, giving me the 'serious' expression.

" The room, you walked into one of our torture rooms. You wanna know what I think?"

" Oh god what Charli?" I exclaimed.

" I think you seen the room, had a panic attack and that's what caused the fainting."

I looked down at my lap, fiddling with my fingers.

" I'm going to take that as a yes. So why did the room have so much affect on you?"

I shrugged. " Maybe the room has mold. You should really get that checked."

He rolled his eyes.

" Remi, I'm trying to be a good person. I'm not a bad guy."

" No offense Charlie, but I don't exactly trust guys. Especially in the situation, I'm in now."

He chuckled.

" Fair enough. Well I'm putting you on bed rest for today."

" What about work? Wouldn't want douchebag getting mad."

" He'll be fine. I'll handle him. Anyway, I'll be back to check on you in a few."

He waved a goodbye as he walked out of the door, closing it behind him.

I waited a couple of seconds before scurrying out of bed and over to the door.

Opening it I peeked my head out seeing one of Matrix's men standing on the side.

He looked down at me.

I smiled.

" Uh I thought I seen an angel. The concussion and everything." I faked laughed, pointing to my head.