Part 67

I lay there wide awake. Daddy had been asleep for a good two hours and I tried everything to do so aswell. However my mind wouldn't shut off. My eyes closed and my body lay still. Yet my mind shouted at me, reminding me of the person I had just lost.

I switched to big space 20 minutes ago in an attempt to rationalise my thoughts. But even still, I couldn't stop them. I want to see him. I want to speak to him. I want him to rock me to sleep like how he used to. But I couldn't. He was gone. And I admit that I can't accept it. I need closure. I need to say goodbye.

I softly moved Koo's arm from around me and climbed out of bed. Without waking him up, I threw on black jeans, a black jacket and some dark shoes. It's 2 am and I'm going to need to keep a low profile so black is really my only colour option. I creek open the door and slide out. I wonder down the quiet and empty halls hoping that Koo didn't make the guards stay over night. I know there are some by the front and back doors so I'm going to have to climb out a window but other then that there aren't any about.

As I get down the stairs and into the main hallway, I spot Jackson's helmet and keys sat on a set of drawers. That's a good getaway option. I just need to keep it quiet while I exit the property. Holding both the items in one hand, I escape out the living room window that was just big enough for me. I scraped my knee against the rough wall on the outside but I can live with that.

I sneak round to the motorbike and begin pushing it out of the driveway which luckily was to the side of the front door so I couldn't be seen. As soon as I got out the metal gates I swung my leg over and started up the engine. I had no idea where I was so I pulled out my phone and checked the map. My eyes widened a little to see how deep in the forest we really were but lucky for me, I needed some time to think.

I like the feeling of the wind against me as I race down the roads. For just a second I feel free and like I'm in control of something for once. It's times like now that I can just live in the present. No need to worry about the past or future. No need to wish away the bad times to come or push down the old memories. I can just breath and see and smell and hear the signs of a normal life.

As I got into the city, the roads were just as quiet as the ones in the outskirts. No person in their right mind would be wondering the dangerous part of town I was in at this time of night. Good thing the hospital isn't here.

Within ten minutes, I pull up in the car park. Bambam should still be here. I over heard he is in the morgue section awaiting an autopsy. I think it's pretty clear how he died and they just want an excuse to tear the body apart and blame the death on something like drunk driving. But i know who killed him. I know what happened. And I'm going to make them pay.

I pass the receptionist who didn't dare question why I was here. One look at my frustration filled eyes was enough to make everyone take a step back. Many people knew who I was so would have been scared by that alone. I reach a sign that says 'morgue' and push open the door. There stood a worker with a clipboard in hand. His eyes shot up to me as the door slammed shut. "U-uh... c-can I help you?" The man stuttered. "Show me Kunpimook Bhuwakul's body." I ordered as his body trembled a little. He nods and pulls open one of the metal doors before tugging the drawer out...