precious life!!

He loved doing gardening on third day along with Suyong in the early morning, and helped all the kids in their math, since they had exams nearby...he supported kids to study during their study hour in the evenings after that!!

By day -5,  he became a favourite oppa and Hyung to all the kids respectively which made Jungkook feel extremely happy and proud of himself!!

Senjun and all the other members of the home could clearly see the positive change occuring in his personality day by day in the home! His sincere efforts to be a part of the home, and newly developed helpful nature etc., highly impressed the members  but Senjun didn't openly acknowledge it to him for some reason!

*********

"Oppa... Oppa.." Suyong woke Jungkook at the midnight, at 1 'O' clock... he was extremely tired and didn't feel like waking up .. but the little girl's sobbing  jolted him from his deep sleep...he was afraid as what made the most smiling girl of the home cry then!!

" Suyong! Why are you crying?? What happened dear??" He asked in an agitated voice feeling afraid of any harm occuring to her!!

"Oppa!! Grand maa... Grand maa is unwell .. she is not able to breath..." She sobbed again...

"Oh... Which grand maa? " He was confused since all the old women in the home are called as grand maa by all the kids ..

"Mrs. Choi" she cried.... Jungkook understood why she was so sad and cryi hard ... Mrs. Choi is the favourite grand maa of kids among all other old women because she helps every kid in his or her studying and presents them small gifts if they show improvement in their study... she offers them candies, narrates them their favourite stories everynight, she sings songs for them and applauds if they dance well... On their birthdays, she gives some money from her pension for buying their favourite toys, and beyond anything,  she treats every kid with so much of love and affection!! Therefore, she is their favourite grandma....

"Don't worry Suyong... We will take her to hospital " He assured to calm down the child  ...

They rushed to the hospital immediately while Jungkook was driving... He didn't know as how to save her life but he was determined to save her!! she is the favourite Grandma of every child of the home! His favourite too!! But that's not what he was thinking... In this five days of his stay here, he learned how important and precious a life is!! He is unknowingly turned to beva good human being now!!  Senjun who was accompanying him to the hospital is getting of a glimpse of the real humanity in him which she feels as sluggish till now!

There was no hospital nearby to home, therefore he had to drive the old lady and a few others for almost one hour, to reach the closest hospital... He realised that he drove almist 15 miles long!! Meanwhile, his heart was aching looking at the pain being taken by the old lady to breath!! Moreover, the travelling in the old truck could not give her any comfort except more pain!!

It was as a moderate hospital that has mediocre facilities for patients.... Somehow, the duty doctor was available by the time they reached!! It was 2am! He got up as Jungkook jolted him by holding shoulders since he was dozing off!! Senjun shockingly observed that Jungkook lifted the old women in his hands and laid her on the hospital bed without any hesitation... He didn't sleep whole night along with the other kids and senjun, praying for the grandma's health .. he assured the doctor to arrange the necessary amount for treatment and  demanded for a better treatment for her!!

***********

It's been almost 24 hours that granny has passed away!! She was too old that she couldn't hold her breath anymore after the severe asthma attack!! Kids cried loud during her funeral.... old people mourned for their loss of a good friend!! Jungkook felt that he lost his own grandmother!! He sobbed along with Suyong... He kept recalling Mrs.choi's love filled pats on his cheeks!!

***********
That was the day Jungkook was leaving the home as his stay there came to an end!! He felt that a week of his life in the home gave him a new birth and made him a new human being in a positive way!! He experienced all those positive things in the poverty, that he could never experience in his rich life so far!!

He wanted to take leave from Senjun...so he entered her office....

"Mother!!" Senjun was shocked for the way he called her!! He always called her as Mrs.Senjun!! She looked at him with a loving smile and sighed to tell what he wants to...

" I know I was rude to you at the start of my stay here! It was because,  I didn't have a proper l understanding of how noble your work is... And how great you are in running this home as a mother to all these kids and old people!

After coming here, all my wrong opinions about poor people got vanished!! Now I have love and respect for people as human beings but not in the category of  poor or rich!  I learned here as how precious a life is ! I learned how grave the hungry is! I learned how sad it is to miss our loved ones, after Mrs.chois passing away!

Suyong, the sweet little sister I met here,  taught me what compassion and kindness is, by offering her gift money for a poor child's bread, which I never did in my entire life!!  I felt ashamed of myself, when I remembered rejecting to help my friends when they were in need!! All other kids taught me how to live life in cooperation and coordination along with love and affection for each other, which I never knew due to my insolent behaviour with friends and elders throughout my life!! I learned to work hard earn to eat! You people  taught me the sense of dignity of labour and importance of hard work in life!!

My husband Jin has all the good qualities that I saw in these children! But I humiliated him and belittled him at every moment of my being with him, instead of giving him happiness as a spouse!! I never respected him for his good deeds such as  pushing my father to sign for a charity trust to contribute funds every year before our marriage!!  Indeed, I hated him for that!!

When my father wanted me to marry Jin, I have decided to take revenge on him for this!! But now I understand, how kind he was and how noble his thoughts were! My father told me that Jin used to  contribute 25% of his earnings to orphanages from the beginning of his career, which inspired my father to getting into service to poor!! I didn't like any of that at that time... But now I am able to learn how good and responsible  they both are towards the society!!

However, I am so happy that Jimin asked me to come here!! I am so thankful to you for allowing me to stay here!! I don't think I can express my gratitude to you adequately mother!!. but thanks for everything...I wish to write a cheque for some amount which I want to give as a token of gratitude to you and for the home, but not to insult you mother...." he gasped for air while holding a fear of rejection of the cheque from her!!

Senjun heard his every word carefully and concernfully.. she knows that this man has changed now!! He is no more that old arrogant and adamant Jungkook....so she decided to reveal a very important truth to him before he leaves from the home!!

*********************