Chapter one-hundred-twenty-six

"A diadem?" Ron repeated as Faith handed it over to him. "Why would Dumbledore give Faith a miniature diadem? What is a diadem?"

"A kind of crown," Hermione said as she leaned over the table to examine it in Ron's hand. "D'you reckon it's a Horcrux?"

"Can't be, right?" Harry said when Ron passed it on to him. "Dumbledore would've told me he found one, and he would've destroyed it by then instead up putting it -"

"No, I mean, do you think he found out that this was the last Horcrux, and he made a small version of it?" Hermione explained. "So we would know what to look for?"

"Why wouldn't he have told me then, if he took the time to prepare all this?" Harry inquired before his eyes shot up and revealed the heartbroken face of Faith. Tears were glistening in her eyes and the chain of the medallion was scraping over the table due to her shaking hands. 

She quickly put it down and stood up from the table, the sunlight that suddenly hit her face made her look a lot paler.

"I - er - I'm going to take a walk," She told them quietly, grabbing her wand from the armchair where she left it and quickly hurrying out of the tent. 

The leaves of the forest floor creaked under her shoes as she hurried away from the tent. She didn't want to be reminded of anything that had to do with Cedric. Faith had really thought she finally got her grief under control, it had almost been two and a half years already which seemed very long. She had gone through more traumatic things than most people but seeing her brother's lifeless eyes stare up at the sky was the one that always brought her to the edge of tears.

She wished she could just see him again, not her morphing into him but the real deal. She wished she could just be dead for a moment, just to say hi to him in heaven before she could return again and stand by Harry's side. 

Faith couldn't even imagine how this must be for her father and mother. They already lost their son and now their daughter was wanted by the very same killer just to he could lure another damaged teenager into his grasp to kill him. They must be worried sick, and if James and Lily Potter were still alive this day they would be too. 

A sudden pair of arms that wrapped around her middle made Faith jump before feeling the warmth of her amber necklace on her chest and realised that it was Harry. Faith realised she had zoned out and had been staring at a random tree trunk that weirdly resembled the Gryffindor Tower if you looked at it long enough. 

Faith turned around in Harry's arms and threw hers around his neck, burying her face in his shoulder. Harry tangled one hand in her hair to keep her close to his body, and the other softly rubbed her back in a calming manner. His presence made Faith immediately sigh out in relief and calmed her down. The tears that threatened to spill from her eyes were quickly blinked away before she closed them and just swayed back and forth with Harry. 

Harry didn't say anything, knowing there was nothing to say to her that would make her feel better about missing her brother. Harry thought Faith was incredibly strong for doing this and without crying. If it turned out to be one of his parents' faces that could open the medallion, Harry knew he wouldn't be able to keep a straight face. The wounds of people being ripped from your life never fully heal, no matter at what age. 

He could feel her heart beat against his chest but maybe that was just his own heartbeat, he wasn't sure. All he knew that Faith was definitely in need of calming down so he loosened his grip on her and put his hand under her chin to make her look up at him. She looked composed but Harry knew there was sadness behind her eyes, he knew her too well. 

Without a second thought, Harry leaned down and faintly pressed a kiss to her lips. It was a kiss they hadn't shared in a couple of days because of the bad aura the Horcrux caused. They both realised the moment their lips touched that they missed it a lot.