Chapter twenty-five

When Faith was awoken from her sleep by the screaming and shouting of Mrs Black's portrait, she knew Tonks was back. 

Faith had been feeling empty all summer. Like there was nothing in her life anymore. No emotions, just numbness. So when she heard the raging anger of Mrs Black's portrait, which usually meant Tonks arrived, Faith was slightly perplexed at the feeling of relief and satisfaction that she felt, knowing Harry was somewhere downstairs. 

Tonks and the rest of the crew who were picking up Harry Potter from his uncle and aunt and their evil kid. Even though Faith stayed in her room for the majority of the time, she did get the news about the Dementors in Little Whinging. Hermione banged on her door to come out, shouting the news. Faith was very tempted to barge out the room and curse whoever sent those Dementors but she had little to no energy to do so. 

Faith hadn't seen Harry in four weeks, last on the night of the Memorial for Cedric at Hogwarts. They parted with the promise of sending each other letters but Dumbledore made her swear not to give Harry any information on anything that has been happening. Not that she had much information. The Order of the Phoenix clearly didn't want the kids to know what was going on with Voldemort. It made Faith quite angry. How could they not tell her anything about the murderer of her brother?

Meanwhile, downstairs was everyone getting ready for dinner. Harry was introduced to the people he didn't know yet and greeted by the ones he did. He sat down with Sirius and they started talking.

"Have you visited your friend yet?" Sirius asked Harry when everyone was finally seated and busily eating and chatting. Lupin and Mrs Weasley were listening to their conversation. "Diggory's sister, kind girl," Sirius specified when he saw Harry had no clue who he was talking about.

"Faith's here?" He asked surprised. Ron and Hermione didn't fill him in on that. 

"Yes, her parents went on a vacation to take their minds off of everything that has been going on. Faith refused to go, though. Nobody really knows why. Her parents brought her to us and we took her with us here," Mrs Weasley told Harry. 

"I think it's because going on a vacation makes her feel guilty towards Cedric," Lupin said. 

"Why would that make her feel guilty?" Harry asked.

"Well, she'll be having fun at the beach while Cedric's ... y'know ... dead," Lupin explained himself and Harry sighed out of worry. 

"She came downstairs twice since she's been here, I think," Sirius continued. "Once to fetch some herbs for her Sleeping Potion and once to curse at my mother's portrait,"

"Sleeping potion?" 

"She drinks that so she can sleep longer, she's only awake in the evenings, I think," Lupin said. "To escape reality,"

"Poor girl, Harry maybe you can talk to her because ... you know ... you were there," Mrs Weasley suggested hopefully. "But only if you're up for it, of course!" She added quickly. "It's just ... we're really worried about her," Harry nodded. He was starting to get really worried about her too. He hadn't seen her in four weeks, but oh, did his miss her. He had this odd feeling to be close to her, he's had it all summer. And he had no rational explanation for it either. He could only think about that nice hug they had the morning after Cedric's death. When she fainted from grief. And now that he was closer to her, the urge became greater.

"When she's awake she reads lots of books," Sirius told Harry. "She asked me to help her perform the Living Comfort Spell on the teddy bear she had, she read about it in one of the books from the office here,"

"What does that do?" Harry asked curiously.

"Well, when cast perfectly, it can bring inanimate objects to life but not many wizards can do that. In a few days, the bear will be able to move a bit with the intentions to comfort,"