Chapter seventy-eight

Dark figures emerged from the shadow all around the group. Their faces were hidden behind silver masks and they were covered in dark robes. Faith felt the horror dawn upon her; they were trapped and Sirius was not there. 

"To me, Potter," The voice of Lucius Malfoy repeated, holding out his palm. "To me,"

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asked.

 Their response was laughter. One shrilly female voice from the middle sounded the loudest. 

"The Dark Lord always knows!"

"Always," Lucius Malfoy repeated. "Now, give me the prophecy, Potter,"

"I want to know where Sirius is!" Harry said louder.

"I want to know where Sirius is!" The woman mocked in a high-pitched tone. The Death Eaters were slowly but surely closing in on them, only a couple of metres away from them now. 

Faith clamped onto Harry's robes and prayed to God he wouldn't pull some stupid stunts now. Harry prayed the same but for her. They knew each other too well. 

"You've got him!" Harry called. "He's here. I know he is," 

"The little baby woke up fwightened and fort what it dweamed was twoo," The woman mocked again with the horrible baby-voice. 

Harry felt Faith shift beside him but he quickly pinched her, the sign they used so many times to calm the other down. 

"Don't do anything," Harry muttered. "Not yet -"

"You hear him? You hear him? Giving instructions to the other children as though he thinks of fighting us!" The woman laughed. 

"Oh, you don't know Potter as I do, Bellatrix," Malfoy smiled softly, eyes scanning over the group. "He has a great weakness for heroics; the Dark Lord understands this about him. Now give me the prophecy, Potter,"

"I know Sirius is here," Harry ignored him, though he was getting more and more panicked. What if he wasn't here? Did he lead all his friends to their deaths? "I know you've got him!"

The laughter of the Death Eaters sounded again and it was getting on Faith's nerves. 

"It's time you learned the difference between life and dreams, Potter,' Lucius Malfoy said. "Now give me the prophecy, or we start using wands,"

"Go on, then," Harry said as all the seven students raised their wands to chest height. 

"Hand over the prophecy and no one need get hurt," Malfoy said coldly, though he sounded a little more nervous than before. 

"Yeah, right!" Harry laughed. "I give you this - prophecy, is it? And you'll just let us skip off home, will you?"

The words barely left his mouth when the female Death Eater raised her wand

"Accio proph -"

"Protego!" Faith quickly yelled, throwing the arm with her wand in front of Harry. He had felt the prophecy slip from his fingers for just a second but Faith's Shield Charm had prevented it from getting away. 

"Oh, she knows how to play, doesn't she, little bitty baby girl," The woman grumbled. "Very well, then -"

"I TOLD YOU, NO!" Lucius Malfoy thundered. "If you smash it -!"

Harry and Faith's minds were spinning. Why did the Death Eaters need this prophecy? And why just the one Harry was holding? Was it because it also had Voldemort's name on it? But they didn't care about the stupid glass orbs, they just wanted to leave this place alive, no deaths.