Chapter eighty-five

Was he in love with Faith? Or was he mistaking these feelings of love just for feelings of affection? Or was it the curse? 

Harry tried to compare it to what he had felt for Cho but he concluded that it was totally different. He couldn't even remember what he felt for Cho exactly. No, he cared for Faith much more and much intense than for Cho. It was different. 

But he didn't know what else it was. What could make him want to stay with Faith the entire day? What could make him feel like the luckiest guy in the world when Faith kissed his cheek? What could make Harry's heart beat like a rabbit every time Faith leaned closer? 

Was it really just the Curse? Harry always thought the Curse was more sinister than feeling this glee with Faith. The Curse was about feeling each other's pain, mental and physical, not feelings of love. Faith didn't go mad every time Cho walked in last year and Harry knew he certainly didn't feel any affection for Alex when he was going out with Faith. 

Harry wanted - needed - some advice but he didn't know who to ask. It would be awkward talking to Dumbledore about it, if it had anything to do with the curse, and he knew for a fact Ron never felt this way about someone. Hermione and Ginny would immediately tell Faith so they were off the list, and with all the other adults he'd feel just as awkward as with Dumbledore. 

Harry had been pondering about it ever since the morning of his birthday. He couldn't stop thinking about it - about Faith, she was everywhere he was since The Burrow wasn't that big to avoid anyone. She hadn't noticed that Harry had been weird around her, but then again, every time he was around her he felt at ease. Hermione had been giving him some odd looks so he prayed she wouldn't miraculously figure it out.

The day after his birthday, the students received their letters from Hogwarts and to Harry's surprise, he was made Quidditch Captain. 

"Ha! I knew it!" Faith pointed at Ron excitingly when he told them. Ron rolled his eyes and handed her a knut. 

"You betted on me again?" Harry grinned and she nodded happily. 

"That gives you equal status with prefects!" Hermione clapped excitedly. "You can use our special bathroom now, and everything!"

"OK, one of you better give me the password," Faith said, looking at the three of them. She was the only one without those advantages now. 

"Wow, I can remember when Charlie wore one of these," Ron looked at the badge with twinkles in his eyes. "Harry, this is so cool, you're our captain - if you let us back on the team, I suppose, ha ha ..."

Harry smiled and looked at the two. Ron was looking rather awkward but Faith had more of a if-you-don't-let-me-back-on-the-team-I'll-kill-you-and-no-one-will-find-your-body kind of look on her face. He had to let them back on the team, how could Gryffindor win without them?

"Well, I don't suppose we can put off a trip to Diagon Alley much longer now you've got these," Mrs Weasley sighed, clearly not wanting to go, as she looked down at Ron's booklist. "We'll go on Saturday as long as your father doesn't have to go into work again. I'm not going there without him,"

"Mum, d'you honestly think You-Know-Who's going to be hiding behind a bookshelf in Flourish and Blotts?" Ron chuckled. 

"Fortescue and Ollivander went on holiday, did they?" Mrs Weasley snapped, referring to their recent disappearances. "If you think security's a laughing matter you can stay behind and I'll get your things myself -"

"No, I wanna come, I want to see Fred and George's shop!" Ron quickly said. 

"Then you just buck up your ideas, young man, before I decided you're too immature to come with us!" Mrs Weasley snatched the clock off the wall - all handles were pointing at mortal peril - and put it on the basket of laundry. "And that goes for returning to Hogwarts, as well!" With that, she stormed off.