Chapter sixty

When the next Saturday arrived, the day of the match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, there was definitely not as much hype as the Gryffindor versus Slytherin match and the reason for that was probably the lack of Gryffindor's favourite players. 

It pained Harry to see Ron, Faith, and Ginny sit down with him at breakfast in their Quidditch attire but with an anxious look on their faces. Harry wanted nothing more than to play with them. 

Hermione walked down the aisle behind them, dressed in red and gold and lots of rosettes on her sweater.

"Hey, you guys are going to be great," She said as she sat down and helped herself with the eggs. Faith raised one eyebrow at her. 

They weren't.

"Yeah, so which of you is going to be the Seeker?" Harry asked eagerly. Faith and Ginny shrugged, just as Angelina approached them, broom already in hand. 

"Faith, I've decided you'll be Seeker this match," Faith dropped her head on her arms with a groan. "Be at the pitch in ten to go over the strategy again," Angelina hurried away. 

Why did Angelina have to pick her as the new Seeker? Ginny was more than capable and Faith had always played as Chaser, one of the best even. Faith remembered how Angelina told her after the first game they won with Faith on the team that she thought Faith should pursue a career as a professional Chaser. 

"Harry, please tell me what to do - something I could use - or just kill me right here, right now," Faith looked up from under her arms at him. 

"Er - you'll be fine," Harry told her but when he saw her desperate look he tried to think of something. "Maybe don't get distracted by the Chasers,"

"Yeah, I guess that'll be a thing, won't it?" She sighed. Faith finished her toast and stood up to leave to the pitch with Ginny and Ron.

"Good luck, you three," Hermione stood up and gave all three a hug and a pat on the back, plus a kiss on the cheek for Ron, like last time. It made Ron's cheek blush just the slightest but it completely distracted him from the yells and jeers they were getting from the Slytherins. 

#

When the three youngest players of the team entered the changing room they saw everyone was already there. It looked like Angelina was scolding the two new Beaters for being too nervous or something because they awkwardly shifted the weight to one foot to another whilst looking at the ground.

Faith, Ron and Ginny quickly put on their robes (Faith had to help Ron again) and sat down for the pep-talk.

"Alright, listen up!" Angelina yelled to get everyone's attention. "I know there are some drastic changes in the team but that doesn't mean we still can't win, all right?" She eyed Faith directly. "The Hufflepuff team has a new Seeker and Alicia said he was not the best Seeker they've ever had, by far, so I think you'll be fine, Faith. We'll have to look out for Smith, the captain and one of the Chasers since he's, well, kind of aggressive and competitive ..."

At once, the supporters above them started to cheer and sing, making it hard for them to hear Angelina. Faith knew that lots of the supporters would be Slytherins again and they would most definitely sing their 'Weasley is our King' song again. 

"Last notes; Kirke, Sloper, please don't knock anyone off their brooms again unless they're from Hufflepuff and Faith, please, catch that Snitch," 

Faith nodded and the team took their positions at the doors, ready for the signal for them to come out. Faith stood next to Ron and saw how nervous he was. She poked him in the side to get his attention.