Chapter sixty-two

They only decided to talk about the dream, or vision, during their first break the next day when they stood in the damp courtyard, hands buried deep into their pockets and chins hidden beneath their scarves. It was still cold, despite the fact that it was March already and the sun peeked around the clouds more often than not. 

Harry and Faith told Hermione about every little detail they could remember and Ron sometimes added something when he knew Harry forgot something, they already spoke about it that night. When they finished, Hermione was in silence, just looking at Fred and George selling their magical hats whilst wearing them on the other side of the courtyard. 

"So that's why they killed him," Hermione said at last. "When Bode tried to steal this weapon, something funny happened to him. I think there must be defensive spells on it, or around it, to stop people touching it. That's why he was in St Mungo's, his brain had gone all funny and he couldn't talk. But remember what the Healer told us? He was recovering. And they couldn't risk him getting better, could they? I mean, the shock of whatever happened when he touched that weapon probably made the Imperius Curse lift. Once he'd got his voice back, he'd explain what he'd been doing, wouldn't he? They would have known he'd been trying to steal the weapon. Of course, it would have been easy for Lucius Malfoy to put the curse on him. Never out of the Ministry, is he?"

"He was even hanging around that day I had my hearing," Harry told them. "In the - hang on ..." Harry realised something. "He was in the Department of Mysteries corridor that day! Your dad said he was probably trying to sneak down and find out what happened in my hearing, but what if -"

"Sturgis!" Faith suddenly exclaimed.

"Sorry?" Ron asked her confused.

"Sturgis Podmore, remember? Arrested for trying to get through a door! Lucius Malfoy must have got him too! I bet he did it the day you saw him there, Harry. They said he had Moody's invisibility Cloak so what if Malfoy just fired the Imperius Curse just in case someone was guarding the door? So, when Sturgis next had the opportunity - probably when it was his turn on guard duty again - he tried to get into the Department to steal the weapon for Voldemort - oh, shut up, Ron - but he got caught and sent to Azkaban ..."

Hermione nodded. Faith had a good point there.

"And now Rookwood's told Voldemort how to get the weapon?" Hermione asked Harry and Faith.

"I didn't hear all the conversation, but that's what it sounded like," Harry said and Faith nodded to confirm. "Rookwood used to work there ... maybe Voldemort'll send Rookwood to do it?"

They were silent again, in deep thought about it. Faith didn't know what they should do with this information. Should they tell the Order? Or tell her parents? But it seemed like they should be prepared for this, no matter who it was.

"But you two shouldn't have seen this at all, Harry," Hermione suddenly called.

"What?"

"You're supposed to be learning how to close your mind to this sort of thing," Hermione told him sharply. "Before you know it he'll possess you, or maybe find out about Faith,"

"I know but -"

"Well, I think we should just try to forget what you saw," Hermione stated. "And you ought to put in a bit more effort on your Occlumency from now on,"

That made Harry so angry, he didn't talk to Hermione all day. Faith felt sorry for him. Even though she was learning Occlumency too, she'd only get rid of the visions if Harry did. Why that was, they still didn't know. They just wished Dumbledore would explain it to them himself instead of sending other people - really mean people - to give them the message.