Chapter six

The next day the bad weather had blown itself away but was replaced by still gloomily, grey clouds, covering the sky. Faith had all her classes with Harry and Ron, as they discovered in the morning, but Faith didn't really interact with them. During Herbology there wasn't much room to talk since they had to collect puss from a so-called 'Bubotuber'. Faith thought it was really disgusting so she tried to do the whole process as quickly as possible. And during Care of Magical Creatures, it wasn't much better. That was partly because of Hagrid's 'Blast-Ended Skrewts' but mostly because of Malfoy's comments on everything Hagrid did.

"... the females've got sorta sucker thing on their bellies ... I think they might be ter suck blood," Hagrid told them after Lavender Brown almost got stung by, apparently, a male.

"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive," Malfoy started. "Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting and bite all at once?"

"If you have nothing useful to say just be quiet," Faith mumbled, not intending for him to actually hear it but sadly he did.

"What did you say there, Diggory?" Malfoy turned towards Faith who sat alone with a crate. Faith just rolled her eyes but Malfoy wasn't just going to leave it like that. "I asked you something!"

"Leave her alone, Malfoy!" Ron barked at him when he noticed what happened.

"Of course, Weasley's got to get involved," Malfoy now turned to Ron as the rest of the class silently watched.

"Can't you take a day off with the insults?" Faith spoke up, turned Malfoy's attention back to her.

"And since when do you have so much to say?" Malfoy crossed his arms with a smile on his face.

"Since I decided that I'm no longer letting you put down my friends," 

Then Hagrid interrupted the two so they wouldn't go at each other's throats by ending the lesson. 

Faith had quickly stormed off, back to the castle for lunch and quickly ate so she wouldn't have to talk to Ron. He'd probably tell her to not get involved in his undying rivalry with Malfoy and Faith wasn't waiting for an answer like that. She just bumped into them when she was trying to leave but ignored Ron's calls and went to the North Tower for the next subject that was after lunch; Double Divination. 

Faith quite liked Professor Trelawney's company. Faith was good at the subject, and because she's a metamorphmagus, Professor Trelawney loves to predict future interactions that include her abilities.

Meanwhile, Ron and Harry were busy shoving sprouts up their mouth before the bell rang but unluckily for them, that was quick. They made their way up to the North Tower and then onto the silver step ladder. Once they both got through the trap door, they both noticed Professor Trelawney and Faith standing across each other. Professor Trelawney looked like she was in some sort of trance and Faith looked rather scared.

"Once you touch, there no going back. Scarred and shifted morph into one. No going back," Professor Trelawney had outstretched her arm pointed at Faith who frightened took a few steps back.

"Faith, what's going on?" Ron asked Faith who turned around and quickly ran towards the two. Professor Trelawney kept mumbling the last three words all over again.

"I don't know. I came here early but once I greeted her she went like that. She has been saying that continuously," 

Harry saw the state Professor Trelawney was in and remembered last year when she made a prophecy about Voldemort rising again. It looked exactly like this.

"She is making a prophecy," Harry said with wide eyes but as soon as he said that, Professor Trelawney snapped out of it. She looked confused at her surroundings and then noticed the three Gryffindors.