Chapter seventy-five

"Listen, we'll use Umbridge's fire to contact Sirius but we need to get there and make sure we're not interrupted," Faith explained to Ginny and Luna. "If someone can draw Umbridge away from her office, and if they're lookouts in the corridors so other students won't catch us, we'll be able to do it,"

Ginny and Luna didn't understand what was going on but both agreed to it immediately.

"Yeah, we'll do it," Ginny said. 

"When you say 'Sirius', are you talking about Stubby Boardman?" Luna said.

They ignored her. 

"OK," Harry said, he seemed to have calmed down after Faith made sure he did but he was still pumped with adrenaline. "OK, if you can think of a way to do this quickly, I'm with you, otherwise I'm going to the Department of Mysteries right now,"

"No, you're not," Faith said sternly. 

"The Department of Mysteries?" Luna asked. "But how're you going to get there?"

"Right," Faith sighed and closed her eyes, trying to form a plan in her head. "Well, we'll need someone to go and find Umbridge and - and send her off in the wrong direction, away from her office. They could tell her stupid Peeves is up to something as usual ..."

"I'll do it," Both Ron and Hermione said at the same time. 

"We can tell her Peeves is smashing up the Transfiguration department or something, it's miles away from her office. Come to think of it, we could probably persuade Peeves to do it if I met him on the way," Ron said and Hermione nodded in agreement.

Faith paused for a second to realise that Hermione wasn't objecting to the fact that Peeves was going to smash up the Transfiguration department before continuing. 

"OK," Faith said. "Now, we need to keep students right away from her office while we force entry, or some Slytherin's bound to go and tip her off,"

"Luna and I can stand at either end of the corridor," Ginny said instantly, "and warn people not to go down there because someone's let off a load or Garrotting Gas," They were surprised at how quickly Ginny was able to come up with that lie but she just shrugged, "Fred and George were planning to do it before they left,"

"OK, Harry, you and I will get under your Invisibility Cloak and sneak in. While you check if Sirius is at Grimmauld Place, I'll stand lookout, just to be sure,"

"I ..." Harry sighed. "Thanks," He then said with a small smile, happy that she wasn't contradicting him like Hermione. 

"Well, even if we do all that, I don't think we're going to be able to bank on more than five minutes," Hermione said, "not with Filch and the wretched Inquisitorial Squad floating around,"

"Five minutes'll be enough," Harry said, "C'mon, let's go,"

"Now?" Hermione asked.

"Of course, now!" Harry said loudly. "What do you think we're going to wait until after dinner or something? Hermione, Sirius is being tortured right now!"

"I - oh, all right," Hermione sighed. 

"Calm down," Faith muttered at Harry. "Go fetch your Invisibility Cloak and we'll meet at the end of Umbridge's corridor, OK?"

Harry nodded and fled from the classroom, disappearing from sight behind the many students. Ron and Hermione parted ways with Faith, Ginny, and Luna to find Umbridge as the three girls went to the corridor by Umbridge's office. 

"So, you really managed to calm Harry Furious Potter down, huh?" Ginny whispered at Faith with a little smirk. 

Faith paused for a moment and stared at Ginny, not knowing what to say.