Chapter five

Faith leaned against the window of the carriage, watching the raindrops fall on the glass and the castle coming closer. She was very glad she didn't have to cross the lake in boats like the first years. Not only was it raining, but it had also started to thunder as soon as they got off the train. 

And if there was one thing Faith hated, it was rain. It had caused her too many sleepless nights when she heard the sound of rain clattering against the window. Cedric always sat with her on her bed with their backs against the wall. He would tell her stories about almost everything until she fell asleep. At Hogwarts, it's much harder to do so because of their house difference. 

The students who had found a place in one of the first carriages were already hurrying up the marble steps. When they arrived, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville and Faith dashed up the stairs with their heads down trying to avoid getting too wet from the heavy rain. 

"Blimey," Ron said as he shook his head, sending drops of water right in Faith's way. "If that keeps up, the lake's going to overflow. I'm soak - ARGH!" A big, red water balloon fell and exploded right on Ron's head. A second water balloon fell and just missed Hermione before bursting between Harry and Faith, sending a wave of cold water over their feet. Faith looked up to see where the balloons came from and saw Peeves, the poltergeist. 

"Peeves!" Professor McGonagall yelled. The Head of the Gryffindor house almost lost her balance on the wet floor as she came to scold the poltergeist. "Peeves, get down here, now!" Professor McGonagall yelled at the top of her lungs but he didn't listen. Instead, he threw another water balloon which landed on Faith's arms and then exploded over half of her body.

"You little -" Hermione quickly pulled the girl to the Great Hall before she could finish her sentence. "He's lucky he's a ghost," Faith mumbled. 

It was much warmer in the Great Hall so they weren't shivering from the rain, and Peeves' water attack, anymore. Golden plates and goblets were placed on the four long tables, each house a table, and hundreds of candles flew above in mid-air. The staff sat along one side of a fifth table, facing the students. The four walked past the Slytherins, the Hufflepuffs and the Ravenclaws to eventually reach their own table at the far side. Faith sat down between Ron and Nearly Headless Nick.

"Good evening," He greeted the four. 

"Says who?" Harry asked gloomily as he emptied his trainers of water. "Hope they hurry up with the Sorting. I'm starving," 

Due to some unlucky circumstances, Harry hasn't been present at the Sorting since his own so he was actually looking forward to it. Faith loved the Sorting; seeing all the small first years getting sorted into their houses made her think back to when she was sorted into Gryffindor. That day always brought a smile to her face. It was the best birthday present she ever got. 

An overexcited voice called out Harry's name as he came towards the green-eyed boy.

"Hiya, Harry!" It was Harry's biggest fan; Colin Creevy. He was a third-year Gryffindor who saw Harry as some sort of superhero. 

"Hi Colin," Harry greeted him back, a little warily.

"Harry, guess what? Guess what, Harry? My brother's starting! My brother Dennis!"

"Er - good," Harry said as he looked at his friends, seeking for help. Faith just smiled at how cute the third-year was.

"He's really excited!" Colin was bouncing up and down from one foot to another. "I just hope he's in Gryffindor! Keep your fingers crossed, eh, Harry?"

"Er- yeah, alright," Harry said and he turned back to Ron, Hermione, Faith and Nearly Headless Nick. "Brothers and sisters usually go to the same houses, don't they?" He asked, thinking of the seven Weasleys who were all in Gryffindor.